Monday, May 22, 2017

US CONSULATE DAY

We don't have many pictures from this day. It was our US Consulate Appointment in the early hours of the morning. We weren't allowed to take pictures so I didn't even have my big camera. Cell phones aren't allowed either. So the only picture we have from this huge final step is a picture from outside of the consulate building. This was it though, our last big appointment, and I was really happy to be at this point in our adventure.

Being the camera girl that I am, I assumed I would be bummed that I didn't have my camera with me, but honestly it was kind of boring. We went in, we talked to the guy, and then bam, it was done. There was no turning back now--as soon as we had her US visa, we were officially going to take this baby to the United States. It takes a few days for the visa to be processed and the other families in our group were talking about what they were going to do the next day to pass the time. I was so relieved that we already had our full day scheduled to visit the orphanage. I was pretty much done sightseeing and I was so anxious to get our visit to the orphanage done.

That afternoon we all napped again. Then Stella and I went over to Vanguard to buy gifts for home and also for the orphanage. We were there a really long time, and I know Stella was annoyed with me. But we got some great gifts, including clothes and books for the kids in the orphanage.

When we got back to the hotel we took Vivi to the kid play area in our hotel to kill some time. Then we just hung out in our room. I felt a bit guilty that we weren't trying to see some amazing site, but it was raining and it was really not appealing to me to go drag Vivien anywhere. So we just hung out. I can't remember what I made the girls for dinner, but Brent went over to the mall again by himself and had a great tepanyaki dinner. (Though I had it the next day and it wasn't as good.) I suppose being lazy is okay. Vivi needed some down time. I think we all needed some before we left for our orphanage visit in the morning.











No comments: