Tuesday, July 18, 2017

VIVI'S FIRST EASTER

I'm feeling so anxious to get going with telling Vivi's story of our first months home, and the new computer I had was a dud, so I'm now on new computer number two, hoping this one ends up being a winner.

Our Easter morning was an early one. I wanted to keep the kiddos upstairs for as long as possible, but by 7 AM or so Stella couldn't take it anymore and we headed downstairs to see if we had had a visit from the Easter Bunny. We had.

They first looked at their baskets. Vivi loved looking at all of the treasures, but she did NOT like it when the plastic grass got stuck to her feet.







Stella, ever the patient big sister, was so good with Vivi and showed her how to find eggs and put them in her basket. At first the eggs seemed to scare our new family member, but once she figured it out she LOVED it. She adored finding them and putting them away in her basket. Once she figured out that there was candy inside she was pretty much in heaven. After all the eggs were found, Vivi loved playing with her new toys and playing with her new sister. Watching Stella get to be a big sister and do her Easter thing with another person brought so much joy to my heart. Our girl was finally home with us and enjoying her first taste of holiday fun.































Church was at 12:30 and for some reason I really wanted to go. Part of it was because it was Easter and the other part was that I was craving some routine in my life. I knew Vivi would be fine and she did seem to like church. We only stayed for Sacrament, and she sat on my lap observing everything the whole time. After it was over we had many excited friends come over and circle us with love and questions. Everyone was careful not to be in Vivi's space and we did feel so much love. After that though, I knew it was time to get our girl home. Stella and Vivi looked so adorable in their Easter dresses, but after church Vivi was not going to pose. I invited my parents to come over for a quick visit to see Vivi in a better mood. They stayed for about 30 minutes and just watched her play. Soon it was obvious that she was a tired girl, so I put her down for a nap and then I slept too.

After we woke up I made the girls get dressed again so I could get some pictures. Vivi was NOT having it. She didn't want to let go of her new Easter toy. She wanted me to hold her and she simply had reached her limit for the day. I got it, I did, but that didn't stop me from getting a few pictures. We definitely had a few photo shoot disasters with Stella when she was two, so I really wasn't that phased by it at all. As soon as we were done she was fine, and I don't regret it.



















No comments: