Friday, September 22, 2017

THE DOUGLAS CONDO RETREAT

I find it unfortunate that you can look at your calendar at the end of June and feel like your summer is already over. It happens to me every year, and you would think I would be used to it by now, but I'm not. I hate it. I realized at the end of June that if we didn't go up with the Douglas family to the condo right away we wouldn't ever have another chance, so we made it happen.

It was really fun and the kiddos had the best of times. We got a late start on July 5th, but we still had time to get in a swim before it was too late. I put Stella's old floatie on Vivi for the first time. She loved it. It took her a bit to get the hang of it, and she didn't like it when she was too far away from me, but she really did love being a free little fish in the water. When we got back to the condo and couldn't get the DVD player to work the kids just played games and had lots of laughs. When it was finally time for bed they could not get to sleep. They just kept giggling and giggling in the bedroom. We just let them have fun until eventually they all fell asleep.








In the morning we took a little nature walk. We got a little muddy, but overall it was lovely. Vivi needed to be carried most of the time because she does not fancy little rocks and dirt getting into her sandals.

We got in another swim and I was finally able to have some of Christy's chicken salad that I had been not so subtly hinting I wanted for months now, and it was a great time.













No comments: