Monday, March 12, 2018

THANK YOU 2017

It was basically a last minute call to get the girls out and take a picture of them for New Year's. We had just celebrated Christmas that day so it didn't feel like New Year's Eve yet. But it was, and I've done sparkler pictures for so many years in a row now that I definitely didn't want to miss the chance to get a picture of Vivi on her first New Year's Eve. It is so strange to think about how last year we had seen a picture of her but weren't certain that she would be ours. In New Years past I have always felt a little melancholy that yet another year had gone by and we still were just kicking it as a family of three. All of those days, weeks, and months with an opportunity to have our family grow just gone. So it was fun to look back and think about how good 2017 was to our family.

Bringing Vivi home with us was such a leap of faith for me personally. I don't feel like I am an adventurous person generally, and it took a lot of faith that this was what Heavenly Father knew we needed in our family. Vivi is a joy and a blessing and seeing Stella be a big sister is just about my favorite thing every day. I always notice their sisterly moments (good and bad) and smile inside. I was worried for so long that Stella would never get to be the amazing big sister we all knew she could be.

So 2017 gave us more than just the gift of Vivi. Through Vivi, 2017 gave us more joy, more fun, more laughs, more adventure, more love, and more opportunities to see Heavenly Father work miracles in our lives. I can't imagine another year ever measuring up to this one.







No comments: