Wednesday, September 18, 2019

WAITING IN CALI FOR MICKEY

Someone is a bit behind on this thing. In fact, as I sit down to write about this trip...we've already been to Disneyland one whole month ago and are now SEASON PASSHOLDERS!! YIPEE!

When I got Stella's spring dance schedule, I put in some flight dates to see if we could get to CA for cheap, and I found some really cheap flights that hit over Mother's Day and Vivi's Birthday. I went ahead and booked them, the idea being that Christy and the kids would come with us. They ended up not being able to come, but we were able to bring my mom and Stacey instead. And looking back, I wouldn't have wanted the visit any other way. It was great.

We flew into Long Beach on Saturday May 11th pretty early and we had to wait awhile for a car. We spent the time waiting asking Google where we should eat and it told us to eat at Sunrise Cafe. It was so good. I loved it.

We were so tired, so I opted to pay extra money to check in to our place early. It probably wasn't necessary, but it felt like it was at the time. Our flight that morning was SO early. So we checked in and I took a rest. Then I drug myself out of bed so we could go on an adventure.

We drove out to Balboa Island and had dinner. We definitely got a later start than any of us wanted, but at least we made it. We tried out a restaurant by the water and Stacey and I ordered this chicken dish that was SO SO good. But our service was SO slow so it was a bit obnoxious because we were missing the sunset. By the time dinner was done and we walked out to the water it was windy and chilly. Still it was fun to embrace the wind and take some pictures as the sky got dark.

That night after everyone got all settled, I picked my my mom from the airport and we tucked into bed to get ready for three wild and exhausting days at Disney.















No comments: