Friday, March 25, 2011

YELLOW COWS AND MORE IDAHO FUN

This week, Stella and I drove up to Idaho Falls to help with the Mayor's Scholarship again. My mom felt nervous about us driving alone so she came along for the drive up and flew home the next morning. On our way there Stella spotted some cows. I couldn't tell what she had said though so I asked her: "Stella, did you say you wanted to ride a cow or buy a cow?" Pause... "Yellow." Mom and I laughed and laughed. So now if you ask Stella if she wants to buy or ride a cow she will say yellow because she knows it gets a laugh. Our first morning there Stella and Wyn started playing with a very fun toy that spits little balls up in the air with air pressure. It was cute to see them play together. However, that was about the last time that happened. Stella just didn't like Baby Wyn coming over to mess with her toys or to use her as a crutch to help him stand up. Which reminds me--Wyn is walking! And no one mentioned this to me. He cruises all over the place. I was very impressed.

Stella was able to spend a lot of time with Catcher since he is only in school for half of the day. They play really good together and it is fun to see them interact. On day two we headed next door to see some brand new kitties. Stella loved them, but their claws scared her a little bit, and they made me sneeze. On our way back from the neighbors, Catcher spotted one of his light sabers, and he and Stella engaged in some pretty intense star wars. Thankfully no one was injured in this game, especially not Wyn who was close by.

I didn't really take any more pictures of all the goings on. Stella had a freaking blast at Grandma Barb and Papa Dave's house while Heidi and I were doing Scholarship stuff. They even let her drive the boy's little car and she is still talking about it. She even added it to her prayers last night. Stella was a mess of tears when she finally had to be separated from her aunt and cousins. She has the best time with them and was totally inconsolable. However, when we got on the road to head home she was looking forward to being reunited with her daddy and everything was soon all right in her world once again. This trip ended the longest separation Heidi and I have had since my mission. I am looking forward to nicer weather and assurances that these months of longing for time together will not recur in the near future.

No comments: