Thursday, December 5, 2013

OUR ZION STAY

A few months ago I found a deal for a really huge condo in almost St. George for an amazing deal. It was $199 for two nights in a condo that usually goes for $299 for just one night. We never got to do a trip with the Gummows this summer, so I invited Heidi knowing the boys had the days off from school all Thanksgiving week. I was super happy when we realized the trip was going to work out great. 

This trip will probably go down in history as the trip where I forgot the most things. I even forgot my CAMERA! What? Yes, I forgot my camera. I've never done that before. I had to buy one at Wal-Mart because I just couldn't NOT have pictures. (Camera has since been returned, because even though my expectations were low, I thought the quality of the pics was lower than sub-par.) 

When we got to the condo we couldn't believe how huge it was. It was really something--we even had an outdoor fireplace where we could sit and have some hot cocoa. Here are the kiddos giving us a tour:












We were so close to Zions so we decided to make a little half-day trip there. It was really fun. Our first walk/hike was on the Emerald Pools trails. We only went to the lower one--it was pretty wet and muddy. On the way back to the car, the kids started running ahead of us to hide on the side of the trail and then jumping out and scaring us. They actually did get us really good near the end when we thought they had stopped. They scared us so bad that they even got Wyn to cry.












We then had some lunch. Of course the jelly I had JUST purchased at Wal-Mart (one more thing I had forgotten) was nowhere to be found. Still, lunch was good, and we had some very brave deer walk close by us, which was fun to see.

We then went on the Riverside Walk. Wyn fell asleep on the way and it was kind of hilarious. It was a pretty walk, but by then it had gotten kind of chilly so we had to keep walking fast.










Our last hike was the Archeology trail. We ended up getting a bit lost because we were expecting more archeology. But it was still lovely and a great way to end the day.




We had to head home the next day, and we all agreed that another day just to hang out would have been perfect. But it was time to head home to celebrate our respective Thanksgivings. Stella and I were near tears as we walked out of our fancy condo for the last time. Neither of us wanted to leave. We loved St. George and will be visiting it again soon for sure!

1 comment:

Christy said...

That looks so fun!! What a fun trip! Makes me think we should do a trip sometime like this. St George would be pretty central for us. ;)