Saturday, April 12, 2014

COUSIN TIME

Valerie, Nellie, and Charlotte stayed with us for a long time during and after Kathy's wedding. And it is crazy that I don't have more pictures of the girls together. I think it was because I was so pictured and evented out from the wedding that I just never got my camera out. I think I took this one the morning they were leaving. They all loved to watch movies together, and they looked so adorable all snuggled up on the couch.



Stella loved having her cousins here. She was especially charmed by Charlotte because she is still baby-ish but old enough to entertain. Stella kept saying "I just love Charlotte and her cute little face." She loved to make Charlotte laugh, and giggle by tickling her under her chin. It is crazy to think of how much we fit in while they were here--we really packed in the time.

My favorite story about Nellie is that one morning very early she said goodbye to her mom and dad in the basement, casually walked upstairs, and then LOCKED them down there so that she could come upstairs to play with the LEGOs. She knew she wasn't allowed to come upstairs that early, and I thought it was pretty smart of her to outwit her parents like that. John had to break out of the basement window and open the garage to get her. I didn't think it was funny at the time since she woke me and Stella up at the crack of dawn, but I seriously love the story now. She is a smarty pants, that girl.

A highlight for sure from the visit was when Valerie and I went and did a session at the Salt Lake Temple. Kathy's wedding was the first time she had been there and she loved seeing the inside, so I said that we should go do a session. Grandpa Sallay came over to watch the girls, but since he showed up late, I had to blast my little car downtown, park super fast, run across the street, and change clothes lighting quick in order to make the session with only like 30 seconds to spare. Salt Lake only does sessions every hour so we were glad to make it when we did. It was really nice to share that together and to do something special just me and Valerie.

No comments: