Saturday, April 12, 2014

THE SHADOW PRINCE

The Sallays are super proud of our little Bree Despain and her wonderful books. We are all big fans. When my copies of her new release arrived in the mail, I was super touched to find that Bree had thanked us in the back of her book. Both Brent and I did help her with some of the musical references that you find in the book, but I assume that she mostly thanked us because we are so awesome. When I showed Stella, she was especially sad though because she had not been mentioned in the book. Thankfully, she was lucky enough to win a raffled prize at Bree's book launch at The King's English on Saturday, March 15th, and that made up 100% for her disappointment.

We were excited to go and support Bree. There was a good turnout and it was fun to see her family there that day. Brent and I were soon able to get to reading the actual book. And it was great, really smart, and just oozed talent. She has come a long way since her first book, and I couldn't stop thinking about the characters and world she created while I was reading The Shadow Prince. I feel so lucky to have Bree in my life, and I'm always impressed with all that she has accomplished.














No comments: