Saturday, December 20, 2014

SAN DIEGO

At this point, I am finding it difficult to find the motivation to keep up with the blog. It could mostly be due to the fact that I think maybe three people read it, and that is being generous. Of course the most important person that reads it will be future Stella so I continue pressing forward, updating the goings on of our daily lives.

In September, Brent had a work trip to San Diego. We hadn't had one of these in a while and I love them. I get to stay in a very nice hotel, shop while Brent is in meetings, and spend some quality time with him too. San Diego was super fun. It was the first trip where I really used my phone to help plot out where we would eat when we got hungry. We didn't eat at one chain restaurant our entire trip.

Our first night we took a little walk around the water before dinner and watched the sunset. It took a lot of effort for me to get out of my cuddly bed and see the sun go down, but in the end it was worth it.






The next day I was lucky enough to have my bestie Christy drive down to see me for the day. We went out to breakfast and had the best food ever! Then we headed to the pool and had fun swimming and chatting. When they left, I went back to the pool to hang out and read, waiting for Brent to get out of meetings.






That night we tried a burger place. It was extremely hot and humid on our walk and by the time we got to this dark pub-like place I wasn't sure if we should eat there. On top of that I wasn't feeling so hungry. However, we had a nice table outside and the waitress was so nice. Soon I was stealing bites of Brent's amazing burger and fries.





I spent the next day shopping and we then had an early dinner. I grabbed a few pictures before we left the city. I also attempted many times to gather photographic evidence that Brent has to walk two feet in front of me on a consistent basis. Of course every time I got out my camera he would suddenly slow down. But I got him a few times. Soon, we were on a plane and headed home to Stella. It was a short but fun trip.










No comments: