My notes are a bit out of order, but I will try my best to move from 4-year old Stella to 6-year old Stella.
* Me: "Stella, I love you."
Stella: "I love you more. I'll never forget you, Mom."
* Stella: "What would happen if we didn't have brains?"
Me: "We couldn't talk, think, walk, or have any memories, and our bodies wouldn't work."
Stella: "So...I wouldn't know what cereal I wanted in the morning?"
Stella: "Oh, good thing we have brains then."
* Stella: "I want to be a teacher and teach what I know."
Brent: "Oh, what subject would you teach?"
* Once after telling her how beautiful her eyes, nose, cheeks, etc. were, she said: "You forgot my hair."
* "I don't need a hug goodbye, I have two in my heart already."
* About a Sharpie: "I like this smell. It has a tasty smell."
* Stella: "I don't know what time I woke up because I don't have a clock in my room."
Me: "True, but you don't even know how to tell time."
* Stella: "Mom, I want to call my Barbie Keira. Is that okay?"
Me: "Honey, you can call your Barbies whatever you want and do any story with them. That is the fun of Barbies."
Stella: "Oh, I didn't know that. You should have told me sooner."
* "I'm so hungry my tummy keeps slapping me."
* Stella: "Did you marry Daddy because he was funny?"
Stella: "Every time I'm sad Dad always makes me laugh and smile happy happy."
* Me: "Brent, that is not reality."
Stella: "Yes it is reality, Mom!" (a few seconds later) "I don't know what reality means."
* After playing a trick on April Fools Day: "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" And a few days later: "The boys keep tricking me like it is still St. Patrick's Day."
* Me: "Stella, why are you always taking off your socks?"
Stella: "Mom, I'm a kid that likes to be fresh."
* After I complained once about a bad driver: "Maybe he is taking driving lessons."
* "I love all the popcorn trees in our village."
* "Dancing was made for me."
* She went through a stage where she would talk to herself in the third person: "Don't look down Stella, you can do this Stella....etc."
* She would say everything was her "life": "Grapes are my life." "Ponies are my life." "Singing is my life."
* Singing to the tune of a popular Taylor Swift song: "I don't like you. Why did you love me? Now you didn't."
* Stella: "Could I die tomorrow?"
Stella: "Oh, I thought we only die when we are dead."
Stella: "I mean old! Die when we are old!"
* "Licking popsicles is hard work."
* "What is the 'B' word? Burst?"
* After I got some glitter off her face. "Good, I don't want anyone to think I have hot powers."
* "Some people never die, like The Beatles. Mommy said so."
* "When I die I will be able to meet The Beatles that have died."
* After President Utchdorf made a joke during conference: "Mom is NOT going to want to watch this. She doesn't like shows with laugh tracks."
* "Mom, I'm speaking Porkacheese."
* "Mom, did you really have to watch commercials when you were a kid? I feel so bad for you!"
* "He wasn't the real Santa, but he had been practicing because his HO HO HO was pretty good."
I wanted a Stella-only Christmas card this year so I took Stella up to Park City to pose. And she did! All of the poses were her idea and the faces were ALL Stella. I ended up with several hundred amazing pictures of my daughter, which I am trying to narrow down here. She is so beautiful inside and out--it is hard not to fall totally in love with her everyday.