Wednesday, August 17, 2016

PIONEER IT UP!

Ashley was kind enough to host our Pioneer Day celebrations this year. We had a delicious dinner and relaxed in the backyard. Mom bought the boys pretend golf sets, but the girls kind of took them over and had a good time playing "golf." Tyler gave us a little pioneer history lesson about our ancestors. It was great because I want Stella to always know and appreciate her pioneer heritage.

After the fireworks attacked us on the Fourth of July I wasn't sure what we were going to do about the fireworks I had already bought for Pioneer Day. I really didn't want another attack. But Heidi's cousin was told that you should "brick" your fireworks by putting bricks around them to keep them from tipping over. I was like...duh, of course! So we were much more careful on this night. Of course I let the girls do a few sparklers but not too many because the tiny boys wanted to grab them. Our fireworks show was short and sweet and all the kiddos young and old enjoyed it. It was a really fun low-key night with the family.

























No comments: