Monday, June 18, 2018

EASTER ALBUQUERQUE ADVENTURES

We got over to John and Valerie's house at about noon, so we missed the first session of conference. Valerie almost had dinner ready and all she needed was for someone to hide the plastic eggs that she had already filled for the kids. Each child would have their own color to find. Brent and I hid the eggs and I am embarrassed to admit how quickly we forgot where we hid them when the kids were looking for their last ones during the hunt. I was worried Vivi and Nicholas would have a hard time only finding their assigned color, but they didn't. They even helped each other find their eggs. It was pretty cute.

The whole thing was so fun and there were so many eggs that there was plenty of time to really enjoy it all. Stella made me laugh several times while she was trying to find her last stragglers. When she needed help to get one high up the tree and she needed help from her dad I was very entertained. Vivi delighted me with her constant commentary. "Oh, here it is egg. I hold you egg!" She would also put up her finger on her mouth and say: "hmmm" Thinking about what direction to go to next. So cute. Oh my goodness. One mom can't take such adorableness from her daughters, but I survived. Thankfully, John only had to get on the ladder to rescue an egg Brent lost once.

After all of the eggs were found I sat with the kids as they happily opened them and found their treats. It was so cute. Everyone took the job very seriously. The girls spent the rest of the day re-hiding eggs and then finding them. They hid them once for all of the adults to find them. I am pretty sure I lost that contest, but I sure had fun.









































On top of it being Easter, it was also Nicholas' third birthday. Valerie made us an amazing dinner/lunch and then we all sang to Nicholas over the most delicious chocolate cake. Valerie doesn't mess around with desserts guys. Our gift to Nicholas was a race track and car toy. Nicholas was nice enough to share his toy with Vivi. They played together pretty good the whole time we were there actually.








And oh wait! There is also BABY HENRY! Don't forget about him! He was napping during the egg hunt and dinner so we hadn't seen him yet. He is the most darling sweet easy going happy little guy. He was prime audience material for the kid's Greatest Showman Performance in the back yard that night.

We had such an amazing Easter thanks to being with John, Valerie and crew. It was so fun to be able to share my favorite holiday with them.











No comments: