Monday, February 17, 2020

PORTER TURNS FIVE

I was just looking through old pictures of baby Porter when I used to watch him twice a week. I will always have a fondness for that kid because of that special time we shared together. This year on his birthday September 14th we gathered and celebrated year five of his life. It was a nice little evening at his house.

I had bought him truly what I thought was the lamest gift but he loved it. He loved all his gifts. My favorite memory was him walking around the circle after opening them and giving everyone special hugs. We learned recently that Porter has a special fondness for Brent, which honestly surprised all of us since Brent doesn't try that hard to be a favorite. But perhaps that is what Porter is attracted to the most. I don't remember Porter's words exactly but they were along the lines of  "We are going to see Uncle Brent? He's the coolest guy I know."

When Courtney brought the cake up to Porter with lit candles Porter blew them out before we even finished the word "Happy" in the Happy Birthday song. It was awesome as it just meant he got to blow them all out again.



















No comments: