Thursday, April 16, 2020

JOYS OF FLORIDA

Look at us, cool cats on our way to Florida for our fall break trip. We left after Stella's dance class on Wednesday October 16th, taking the midnight flight and arriving on the 17th. When we got there is was so nice because I knew we had a long luxurious trip in front of us since we weren't coming home until the 25th. Vivi had been pretty sick that month and was still really struggling with quite a cough. So I bought her some face masks so when we traveled she could wear one and not get anyone sick or freak anyone out. As we walked off of the plan in Orlando with her wearing her mask I was quite tickled that she had never looked more Asian.
When we got settled I realized that I did not pack Vivien a swimsuit. It was so obnoxious, because she has SO many. Also, I went to many stores only to find them fully stocked with winter coats and not a swimsuit could be found. So the first few days Vivi swam sans suit. It worked out ok since we have the place to ourselves. The weather was so insanely warm and lovely. Our first few days there.




The Vero Beach condo was officially empty so and we still really wanted to make a beach trip. We found a great deal on this cute beach front hotel in Vero and we made a little overnight adventure to our old stomping grounds. We went shopping at the outlet mall and thankfully found some swimsuits. Vivi also found a headband she liked at The Children's Place that she just decided to take. I didn't realize she had it until a few stores down and I can't tell if she was totally innocent in the shoplifting. But I made her take it back and apologize. The girls working at the store could not have cared less, but hopefully she learned a lesson. Thankfully Carter's still had some suits on clearance that we were able to pick up because Vivi could not go naked on the beach and Stella also found some really cute clothes. After shopping we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner.

I loved our little hotel, we had lovely rooms with amazing views of the water. We all wanted to just chill out, but I really wanted to have a photoshoot on the beach. We were running out of daylight fast though. Stella had to take a shower and her hair just didn't look right for the pictures, and by the time we got out there we had just moments before it was just plain too dark. So in the end I really like the photos, but they weren't what I was imagining for the Christmas card. Still you can see how charming this little stretch of beach was.

















The next morning Stella and I set our alarms to get up early and get out on the beach. We were only staying one night and I didn't want to waste time sleeping. So she and I got up alone and we had one of the most magical mornings. It was stormy and drizzly, but it was WARM and so the air felt cozy. The water was all foamy and warm like a bath it was delightful.

Vivi had slept in Grammy's room so we went to get her to take her to breakfast, which was also quite delightful because it was so nice to sit outside in this warm wet weather. Vivi made us all laugh when she told us her breakfast was splendid.

We then got us all together to get to the beach. It was one of my favorite times at the beach ever. I loved not having to worry about the sun and just enjoy the water and warmth. Vivi looked so cute in her new suit and she got a bit brave with the waves. Stella and Grammie had fun chasing the waves together as well. We did have to be careful not to let our belongings get wet from the light rain, but that was no big deal. We stayed there until the very last second before we had to check out of our rooms. We then went to Panera for lunch and my mom wanted to go to TJ Maxx and we I found some fun treasures just bopping around mostly waiting for her to find a bunch of things she didn't need. Then we headed back to the house. It was really a magical little trip. I'm so glad we went instead of just laying around at the house. The ocean is so good for the soul.

















No comments: