Thursday, August 31, 2017

OUR DOO WOP PRINCESS

I always really love and look forward to spring performance season. Cali was in Stella's class and it made all the difference to her to have her bestie enjoying the fun of Clayton with her each week. Stella and Cali were both assigned the opening introductions. I was very proud of Stella as she delivered her lines with sass each week.

These were not my favorite costumes for some reason, but as for the songs, I did love them. They were a fun mix of love songs from the 1950s. Songs in their show were: "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" "Shoop Shoop," "My Boyfriend's Back," "It's My Party," and "Big Girls Don't Cry." I loved it.

Through all the performances Stella has had with Clayton over the years she has thankfully never been sick and had to miss one. However, during the Great Sallay Girl Sickness of 2017, Stella had two shows. One on a day where she felt horrible, and the other right after she had completely lost her voice. Both times though she was still able to step it up and do her thing and I was very proud of her. If she hadn't wanted to do it I wouldn't have made her, but she wanted to so we were able to make it work each time.

This year was our last year with Miss Lisa. Stella is the only girl that has been dancing with Miss Lisa every year since Kindergarten and we love her so much. She did such an amazing job with Stella's class and Stella was very sad to have to say goodbye. Overall though, I'm just glad we found this place that fits Stella's talents and interests so perfectly.

May 11th was her first performance at Trolley Square. It was our first show as a family of four and the way Vivi handled it was no joke. As soon as Brent was able to get her I handed her off to him and she LOST it. She screamed the entire time. During "Big Girls Don't Cry" I would hear her and I kind of laughed a bit about it. I also felt bad for Brent, but there was nothing to be done. I had brought out the big camera for that show and I really couldn't take care of her. Stella performed like a professional and I got so many great pictures. I really don't know why I need so many, but whatever, I can't help myself.


























































The Valley Fair Mall show on May 20th was fun because we had my grandpa there as an unexpected visitor. Stella made a little mistake on her solo, but I don't think that is a bad thing since she NEVER did it again. Vivi sat with me the whole time and absolutely LOVED spotting her big sister on the stage.





On May 30th we had our first show at Gardner Village. We hung out there afterward to look at the fairies and have dinner, and it was a fun night.





On June 8th Heidi was here. Stella had already had her performance while being sick, but this one was right after she had lost her voice. She didn't talk the whole day as she prepared to be able to sing her solo and do her speaking part. Vivi loved seeing her sister again, but this time she had a hard time figuring out which one she was, and I got a hilarious video to prove it too. After this show we went to dinner at Crown Burger where I suddenly caught stage two of the sickness and almost passed out at the restaurant. It was a rough night for us all, but we survived. Mostly though, I was super proud of Miss Stella.





On June 10th it was the final show. Often Brent and I will be the only people who attend it, but this time we had a pretty big crew including all of the Gummow boys. The show was and is always very long, so I was super impressed they all came out. I have to say though, after hearing Stella sing her solo at all of these random places...there is just something simply outstanding about how she sounds on an actual stage. Her voice just floats through the whole auditorium and she is one of the few kiddos that gets cheers from people other than her own family. She really does have a very sweet, beautiful sounding voice. Since this is often the only show where I just sit and listen to her sing without a phone or a camera, I usually finish hearing her solo in tears. It really gets to this momma.

We were able to get a picture with Miss Lisa, and then before we got into the car I made a video of the boys dancing with Stella as she showed them all of her moves. I love those kids so much, but I am not sure I loved them more than I did seeing them put their all into dancing with her after sitting through that very long program.

Oh how my little girl has grown, and what confidence she has gained while singing with Clayton these past four years. It is such a magical place.






Here are some little model shots I took on May 20th before a show. Her faces always give me the giggles.