Friday, August 28, 2020

HELLO 2020

I usually hate New Year's Eve, because I never know what to do. Thankfully, I have a friend who says...let's do something. So the Douglas crew came over to help us ring in the new year. Having an official party meant that we had to go and get some decor because...obviously pictures!

We had dinner, we took pictures, we rang in the new year a few hours early for the kids. We used confetti poppers and sparklers to make it more thrilling. Cali slept over and so those two were still awake to say Happy New Year for real. It was a fun little night.

 Reflecting back on 2019 this far into 2020 is a bit tricky. But 2019 was a hard and beautiful year for me personally. It was the year I started truly taking accountability for my own life. No more blaming a certain someone for the struggles in my world. It was a transformative time. Thankfully, my insane self esteem made it easy to look inward and really analyze the ugly parts of myself that I didn't love. The main ugly part being, my reactive behavior. Taking ownership of how you feel and act...in a true and for real way is pretty empowering.  I am grateful for the growth that will help me face future challenges, and help me be a better mom.

Right before it was officially 2020, Christy and I got on the phone to purchase some plane tickets to Long Beach for a February visit to Disneyland. It seemed wild and reckless at the time, but I am so glad we did that. We could have had not idea what 2020 was going to look like as we cheered and celebrated on New Year's Eve. Every year is full of so much joy and blessings bu this has been a challenge to say the least.



















No comments: