Monday, July 8, 2013

SUMMER RAIN

I love summer rain storms, and we haven't had a good one in a while that wasn't in the middle of the night. When we finally had one today, Stella and I went out in it right away with an umbrella, but we still got soaked. It took me a while to get my camera out because I thought for sure the rain wouldn't last. But as it kept going and going so hard I finally ran upstairs and grabbed my camera. 

I got some good shots of how hard the rain was coming down and then as it slowed down I took pics of the girls playing in the gutter puddles. Stella and John had a good time splashing each other. Usually when John would splash Stella she would block the water with her trusty umbrella, but it didn't always work out for everyone as you can see in the last picture...poor Nellie got in the way of the water and took it hard in the face. (One of my favorite pictures of all time, am I mean? :))

In the end everyone was soaked, even those of us with umbrellas. (I guess these pictures wouldn't make a very good ad for umbrellas.)
















No comments: