Saturday, August 10, 2013

TIME MACHINE WISH

A while back I found a disc with pictures that Krisi had taken at our 10-year high school reunion way back in June 2007.

How I went about going to my 10-year reunion was kind of fun. My dear old friend Stephanie Fitch was planning on going so while she was in town we orgainized a "Drama kids" reunion. We had such a fun time and it was like no time had passed at all. Stef's husband was no longer able to come to the actual Brighton reunion, so she offered me his ticket. I was kind of interested in going (I never saw that coming BTW). When I got home, Brent said I should go because there is only one 10-year reunion. Krisi was good enough to come and pick me up for the big night. 

The whole night was just fun. I giggled and giggled. I chatted with so many people, even people I didn't really talk to in HS. A few things surprised me. The first was that, out of our huge graduating class of about 750, there were probably only 150 or so people there. Which I suppose just shows that I'm not the only one who didn't really feel attached to high school. The next thing was how every single female was even prettier than before (even the pretty ones back then were still pretty), and how all of the males were uglier (fatter, balder, etc). The last thing was that, as I looked over at the girls that were cheerleaders and drill team members, I realized how dumb it was that I hated them so much in school. They didn't know who I was then, and they certainly didn't know who I was that night. That I spent so much energy hating them annoys me. I guess I have learned as I have gotten older to just ignore the people that bug me and live my life.

I went home that night and told Brent that I wished I could go back to high school being the person that I am now and have a re-do. Brent's response: "So what you are saying is that you wish that you could get your hands on an actual time machine and go back to high school?" "Yes," I said. Because if I could do it all over again I wouldn't have taken things so seriously, I would focus on the friends that I still have in my life sixteen years later, and I would have flirted with the geeky cool boys, which I know now are my people. But in the last six years I have not been able to find a time machine so I enjoy the next best thing...I read a lot of Young Adult books. :)





No comments: