Monday, January 19, 2015

LOOKING FOR DOUGHNUTS IN THE CANYON

During a quick September visit to Idaho Falls, I met with Heidi's friend who does energy healing. I've jokingly called her a voodoo doctor for years now, but I've always wanted to see her and see what she has to say about my health. She determined that I had a few bad things floating around in my body, and that in order to get rid of them I would have to go on a sugar detox. I wasn't thrilled with the idea, but I was willing to try. The first two weeks, I couldn't eat anything with sugar including fruit. It made me crazy the first day, but as she predicted, by day three I was ready to push down old ladies for doughnuts. It was drastic. So Sunday afternoon, in order to keep my mind off doughnuts, I took Stella up to the canyon for a little nature walk or two. We had a really fun time, and I was disappointed but also relieved to find that there were no doughnuts hanging in the trees to eat.

This walk was on October 5th, 2014, and it was a seriously beautiful afternoon in the canyon.










No comments: