Tuesday, May 28, 2019

SPRING BREAK 2019

The most memorable part of our spring break Florida vacay 2019 was that I checked my email in February to find an email from Delta letting me know if was time to check in for my flight...wait...what...WHAT?! Check in for my flight? No! My flight is supposed to be for March 20th, not February 20th! Sure enough I check my emails and find that I booked our tickets for spring break for February! I honestly could not believe it and my tickets were non refundable so I thought I was going to be out $1000! It was late at night and I called Delta only to be told by the first person I talked to that the tickets were nonrefundable and "too bad you didn't notice this right after you bought them." Yeah, dude...too bad. I asked to speak to someone else. That someone else put me on hold with someone else. I was on hold for almost an hour and when the girl finally answered I told her she sounded like an angel. She said this happens sometimes and she changed my flights. I was so relieved and so thankful that they were reasonable about the whole honest mistake. A mistake I still can't believe I made because I am always so careful when I buy plane tickets. But guess what, I did.

So March 20th came and we headed to Florida. We were SO lazy and didn't do anything most of the trip. The girls swam in the pool, I hung out and read and we were just lumps. It was great. We did make a trip to the Crayola Experience again because we bought season passes the last time. We had fun, but it is not my favorite place.

I forgot to pack pajamas for Vivi so I bought her some adorable princess jammies at the Disney outlet along with some fantastic princess dresses. And I found a stunning pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, I had my eye on them the last time I was there and they were so cheap it was a thrill to find them. It has been years since I bought an expensive pair of shoes.

We did two nights in Vero. Which turns out will be our last nights since the condo was sold just last week and will no longer be ours after June. I'm so so so sad about it. It was an amazing condo with so many great memories all bundled up in that little place. It was because of buying it that we started coming to Florida often and it was a warm refuge. I loved it and I am going to miss it so much. I think the hardest thing about losing it is that it was our beach house. I can't imagine us ever getting it together enough to go to the beach now without staying at Vero. I'm going to miss Vero Beach too. I loved how there was never any traffic. I loved the outlets because they were quiet. Anyway, it was a good run while it lasted and I'm just grateful we had it as long as we did.

After our two nights in Vero, we headed back to the house and we had a later flight home and we were hoping for a lazy day by the pool, but it was cold and windy so that was a bit of a bust. However, it was still nice to not have to take that early flight home.

We had a great visit, a slow visit. It has been a long time since we were there with just us and it was definitely quality time with Grammie, it was a girls trip and I'm so glad that I got my ticket mistake fixed, because how sad it would have been to miss this time together.

















No comments: