Tuesday, May 21, 2019

KEEPING IT REAL AT HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

I think the fact that I have finished my video about this Disney visit months before the blog post just shows you how much I dread sitting down and detailing out days at Disney. Even though, as I look back I LOVE knowing what we did and remembering the step by step adventures. Months before arriving to Florida, we had determined to do a Disney day and picked Hollywood Studios because it had been so long since we had been at that park. However, as we were driving there I realized that we had a picked a place where Vivi and Finn wouldn't be able to ride half of the 6 rides at the park. But we went anyway as planned.

When we got to the park Donald and Daisy were right there and so we waited to meet them and it was so cute to especially watch Finn get so excited. We then went to watch a Frozen show and it was pretty lame, but Vivi liked it. Then Ava, Finn and  Stella went on Star Tours with Papa with some fast passes. And then Finn made it just in time to meet Olaf with me and Vivi. Finn was adorable with all of the characters, but watching him meet Olaf was my fave. We then met Mickey and Minnie. Dad was demanding a funnel cake and mom refused to get him one, but Ashley suckered into it and he got his cake to eat while we waited in line.

We then had lunch and headed over to Toy Story land. Toy Story land was really charming and adorable, but it was way too small. So many people are trying to ride the three rides they have at the park and it is hard to really enjoy it with so many people around. The lines were so long, but honestly we didn't have anything else to do but wait so we waited. We went on the saucers ride and then we waited in an 85 min line to ride the Slinky Dog roller coaster. Vivi was barely tall enough to ride it so we took her. The line did feel like it took forever, but it is funny how you get amnesia about waiting in line but you remember the fun of the ride. Mom got super sick, but she still said the LOVED it and it was worth it. Vivi appeared to hate it, but as we were driving home that night out of nowhere she announced: "I loved the slinky ride!" So I guess she was into it.

The highlight of the day was definitely riding The Tower of Terror and that was my main motivation for going to that park. I miss that ride in California and it is so much more charming in Florida. My family rode that ride so many times and it brings back all the feels to be on it again. Even the line is enjoyable because it is all so pretty. It was Stella and Ava's first time and even Finn gave it a try and I believe he liked it, although he didn't want to ride it again.

Our last ride of the day was the Rockin' Rollercoaster and it was more intense than I remembered so I only rode it once while the girls rode it twice. And that was the end of the day. We stayed and watched fireworks, but they were Star Wars themed so they weren't that exciting honestly. That was one of my main issues with the park. This is where they will be building Star Wars land and they have Star Wars guys walking around all the time and they might as well turn the whole park into a Star Wars place. I don't like Star Wars, but obviously a ton of people do not agree with me so I guess I have to deal with it while at Disney sometimes.

We ended the day by spending forever looking for our car. We did not pay attention to where we parked, and between the four of us, we could not find it. We weren't alone, everyone in the parking lot was setting off their alarms so they could find their cars. Our van did not have an alarm.
Our van did not have an alarm. We went up and down and around and around until we finally found it among hundreds of rental vans that looked just like ours. I thought it was hilarious. We had a fun day together. I don’t think we will be visiting Hollywood Studios again a very long time so it was good to visit. I wish that they hadn’t gotten rid of all the rides they had when I was a kid, and I hope they add more soon because there is not nearly enough to do in the park. But I’ll always remember Finn and Vivi holding hands as they were being pushed in their strollers, and Vivi’s face on Slinky Dog, and getting to ride the Tower of Terror again. I’m so glad we went.

















































































No comments: