Saturday, June 20, 2009

ONE YEAR AGO

My baby is one. It is surprising how much I keep thinking about what we were doing a year ago today. We have been busy all day getting ready for the "Stella Turns One Super Gala Celebration," but I still wanted to make a post about the crazy day a whole year ago when our lives changed forever.

My thoughts have been constantly on my grandma lately as she has been in and out of the hospital with health problems. I remember fondly a year ago when my grandparents and aunts (including my late aunt) came in to visit Stella in the hospital. It was a flurry of happiness and my grandma was just thrilled to see her new great-granddaughter. It just showed me, yet again, how much she loves her family. Even though I was deliriously exhausted when I saw Grandma get a peek at the new baby, I just had to pick up my camera and take these pictures. I knew I didn't want to forget it.

No comments: