Sunday, December 19, 2010

SALLAY CHRISTMAS

Tonight we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa Sallay's for a Christmas dinner. We had a huge dinner and then opened a few gifts. Some highlights of the night were:
  • Stella getting a very pretty picture of Jesus to hang in her room and a few other treasures.
  • Brent pretending to be surprised to get Apocalypse Now
  • Stella running around and around the living room
  • Stella performing "I Saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus." This is hopefully not her last showing of this number.
  • Stella enjoying Grandma's little village, her favorite building being the church.
A few months ago John and Valerie came up with the idea to pool our funds together as kids and buy Mom and Dad a new fridge. When they opened the box there was this picture of Stella inside:

They didn't know what to think at first, but soon they realized that we had gotten them a fridge. They were very excited, but I still think they might be a little shocked that we could all work together so well. ;) I believe they are also still unsure of Kathy's ability to correctly measure the space for the fridge. I think we all hope Kathy knows how to read a tape measure, because at this point it is a done deal.

We were small in numbers, but we had a fun night. At least we wore out Stella.

3 comments:

valerie said...

I am glad they liked the fridge.. And I can't believe how big Stella has gotten! She is so cute!!

Lori said...

I don't think I've ever seen Brent in anything but a button up shirt. Have I mentioned this before? Even when he helped us move he had one on. I'm glad he keeps it classy. That Stella is a cute little one... I wish someone was working on a pool to buy me a new fridge.

angelicindy said...

what a fun night! That's a super cute photo of you and Stella in front of the tree :)