Friday, January 19, 2018

HALLOWEEN 2017

I'm pretty sure I have not looked forward to a Halloween more than this year. It was the first year I have dressed up since I was a little kid, and I loved how me and the girls all wore our poodle skirts. It wasn't easy to find a poodle skirt outfit for Vivi. It is not a popular toddler costume. I had to buy it online, and I was so relieved when it fit her perfectly. She looked so cute, it was hard to take your eyes off of her. Stella looked stunning as usual. I think her favorite part of the day and night was sharing it with her sister.

It took me a lot longer to get ready than I thought it would. I guess this is typical of me all of the time, but I've never gotten anyone but Stella ready on Halloween. And I had forgotten a few costume details like ironing Vivi's dress. So we were running late for picture time. We still managed to get more pictures than we needed, but it never feels like enough.




































So we were pretty late to Ashley's house, and it was basically my fault. We got about half way there and Brent asked me if I had locked the front door at the house, and I really couldn't remember. Normally I wouldn't care, but with tons of random people walking around our neighborhood and knocking on doors, it seemed like a bad night not to be sure if your front door was locked, so we went home and checked. Turns out it was locked...grrrr...

But the big surprise was yet to come. My parents had decided the night before to get up early and fly home from Florida to surprise us all for Halloween. I had even talked to my mom on the phone that day and had no idea she wasn't still in Florida. It was so fun to have them there to see all the cuteness of the kiddos.

I tried to take pictures of everyone in their costumes, but it was basically too dark out and also Porter and Lottie were having none of it. It actually made for some great pictures as they just kept running off...


















When it was time to got out trick-or-treating everyone was pretty excited. Vivi, in her usual way, picked up on what to do really fast. She was so adorable as she would say "treat" and "doo-doo" aka thank you. It was a bit of a rough night for Stella because in her excitement to take Vivi around she had pulled Vivi down a stair and Vivi had gotten hurt pretty bad on her knees. It was an accident, but Stella felt terrible about it. Then Stella was feeling brave enough to go into this little spook alley. And there ended up being these teenage boys in there that scared the crap out of her. She was screaming "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" while her mom just screamed along, but then also took pictures of her scared face. We all thought it was hilariously adorable, but every time we brought it up she would start crying and saying that we were making fun of her. Bless her heart. Honestly the whole thing made my night. I loved how brave she was and that she survived.

I couldn't get over the adorableness that was Vivien in her little outfit with her little pumpkin going door to door getting candy. Hooray for Halloween and the fun of seeing your kiddos dressed up and adorable.
































No comments: