Friday, December 13, 2019

FORCED FRIENDSHIPS



On April 29, 2017 Less than a month from being home with Vivi I got a direct message from a girl named Julia. She wanted to pick my brain about Chinese adoption because they had just submitted their papers for adopting and she was also LDS. We messaged back and forth and then she came to Utah that June and wanted to meet up. I liked her right away, she has the kind of personality that all people would most likely "like right away". I was still a bit hesitant to become super close because you just never know, but as time went on I realized she was the real deal. We saw each other again the following summer and then right after she was matched with her daughter in December of 2018 we got together once more.

I got to meet Mila when they came to visit Stella on tour, but obviously the big to do was Vivien and Mila meeting for the first time. Julia and family were in town for a few weeks in the summer and she set aside an afternoon at Wheeler Farm (the same place I met her two years prior) for any friends who wanted to come and meet up.

Vivien was so excited to meet her friend Mila from China. I am not sure Mila had the same comprehension of being able to meet Vivi, but Vivi knew what was up. The sight of the two of them together was just awesome. They played together a little before they both fell into the water of the small stream. It took them a bit to be friends again, but they did.

Vivien has always fallen head over heels for Mila's older brother Cruz. Like, she loves him all the time. Pretty soon those two were inseparable. Cruz would grab Vivi's hand and they would go from place to place and place to place. They played nonstop together for about an hour. If those two got married, I wouldn't be sad about it. I definitely get the appeal of arranged marriages when I see Cruz take care of Vivi. 

We got some ice creams and Vivi and Mila sat together and shared their Creamies and it was pretty adorable. They would cheers each other and then take a lick. We then went on a hay ride and Vivi and Cruz sat together and Vivi totally made the move to put her arm around Cruz. They just sat and chatted and had fun together. Then they rode off into the sunset on the cow barrel ride.

In the end I think I thought we would stay like an hour but we were there for about three. Even though there were other old friends there and that usually turns me off. But me and Vivien we just having a good time so we stayed much longer than I thought we would.

Julia has been a huge blessing in my life. She shared Plexus with me, which makes me feel much better health wise. She is open about her struggles especially with depression and marriage and I find that so wonderful to have a friend I can talk about both of those things with. She is beautiful and thoughtful and truly the real deal of a person. She is flawed and positive and fun and easy to talk to. When I saw these two beautiful girls together I saw the Lord's hand in my life. I saw that He wanted these girls to have a relationship. And I hope it continues to grow for them throughout the years. Also He knew I needed Julia. I don't let people in all that easy anymore, but she wormed her way into my heart pretty fast. I love these pictures she took and got to me (she is also a very talented photographer) so I can remember this day.























No comments: