Friday, December 13, 2019

STARS ALIGN FOR US OLD KIDS

THIS POST IS OUT OF ORDER, FIX IN BOOK!

June 6th, a day that will forever go down in memory as one of the greatest of all time for sure and no doubt. It was me and  my girl's second time seeing New Kids On The Block at the Mixtape tour and the night was everything. I bought our pretty good seats and then a few months before the show, I upgraded our seats as a surprise to Heidi. We were on the front row and right by the stage and they were magic seats. I didn't tell her about it, even though as the day approached and she wasn't sure she was going to be able to come I was tempted to tell her. She had so much going on that week, but in the end felt like she would be glad she came. So as we were walking to the Vivint Arena, I told her that I got us some much better seats.

We were told before hand that there was no opening act so to be on time. So we were, and of course they had a DJ for an opening act. It was fun and all, but I really wanted to save my energy for the show. Not only were we seeing NKOTB, but Tiffany, Salt n Peppa, Debbie Gibson, and Naughty by Nature were part of the tour. The different groups alternated throughout the show and it made it so fun and exciting.

Finally like magic the New Kids appeared and the fun just didn't stop. We were SO CLOSE to the stage and we had several little looks and winks from Donnie. Which it most likely because he remembers us from the last tour. ;). The New Kids always come out and sing in the audience and all of the sudden Joey was coming down and standing on this box right in front of us and singing. He was right there and we were able to touch him! We were freaking out.

We saw some Debbie and Tiffany and Salt and Peppa and Naughty By Nature and they were all great. Especially Naughty by Nature, who I didn't really even like that much growing up, but I know their songs and they were amazing performers. Tiffany has an amazing voice too. Salt and Peppa were my faves in 9th grade and they looked like they had not aged, and they were so so fun although at times a little risque. ;)

Suddenly a box was being put in front of us again and Heidi and I were freaking out because we were about to get another close encounter with a New Kid. We assumed it would be Jon or Danny because well, we had just gotten an A-lister. But right away I see that it is Jordan coming down the aisle first and I knew then we were getting close to our dreamboat favorite Jordan. Oh my goodness he was RIGHT in front of us. And it was amazing. Also, he was there for a pretty long time and it was divine. I had my phone out the whole time and at one point he got in my phone while it was videoing and I blew me a kiss and then he smiled and winked at me all on video. I could not believe it. Oh my gosh he is so handsome I can't take it. (I screenshot some moments from the video for the sake of the memories.)



















So on top of being able to be close and touch four out of five New Kids (so said for Donnie that he didn't get touched by us.) I got a snuggle from Tiffany. Also our seats were so amazing that we got on the big screen behind the stage at least three times that I know of. One of those times was pretty long and my old friend Jenny spotted me on her friends Instastories. So I was able to get a video of Heidi and I singing and having the best time while on the big screen. Seriously?! What are the chances that we could get a video of that?





So this show for sure goes down in history as one of my favorite shows of all time. Our seats could not have been more magical and the company was perfect. We were feeling pretty great so we stopped off at Dee's for dinner and had us some omelettes and they were delicious. We rehashed out all of our magical moments and the thrill that was this show. I don't know if our food was really as tasty as we felt like it was, or if we were simple just high on the rush of feeling like kids. Even though, I wasn't a NKOTB fan until later in my life. But I did see some childhood favorites and the way they had all of the artists intermixed in the show was so fantastic. It is a night forever sealed in my heart, and I am sure Jordan Knight's as well.

No comments: