Friday, December 13, 2019

STARTED OFF WITH A BANG

I always look forward to our neighborhood Fourth of July breakfast. It was in talks to cancel it this year and I am so glad they didn't. I used to hate getting up early for it, but I don't mind anymore.

That night before the parade though Stella and I were woken up by the loudest boom. It shook the whole house and it sounded like a bomb going off. I thought it must have been outside so I was looking outside for a house to be on fire or something, eventually after finding nothing amiss we both went back to bed. Brent and Vivi both slept through the whole thing. So I wake up the next morning to get my fruit all cut up and I notice that the cabinet in the bathroom is open and it is a mess everywhere. The first thing I think is that Vivi came in and made a mess and when she denied it, I blamed Brent, and when he denied it I assumed Vivi was lying to me. How did that mess even get there?! I'm brushing my teeth and I realize all of the sudden that something in there must have exploded and THAT was the noise from last night. I can hardly believe it though because the noise from last night was war zone loud. I didn't have time to investigate so I assumed it was a toxic chemical and went to the breakfast.





When I got home I found the culprit immediately. I was a ten year old bottle of Redken hairspray that I didn't even know I had. The whole bottom popped off and blew out the doors and pushed all the other stuff out and got gross hairspray everywhere on the carpet and inside the cabinet. It wasn't fun to clean. It didn't take long to find out on the internet that these bottles had been recalled for doing the same thing in other people's homes. It really was the craziest thing and I like to say it started our holiday off with a bang.



That night we did a few small fireworks at our house. My parents came over we had some dinner. And then at the last minute me and Ashley decided to take the kids to the park up the street for some real deal fireworks. It was cold so my parents just went home. Also I had no idea how easy it was going to be. We drove up there, parked no problem, got a spot on the grass at the Jr. High and watched the show. It was FREEZING. It was 60 degrees so we all had on some puffy coats, but it was so fun. We we were very obnoxious as we laughed and giggled through the whole show. We got home so easy and I could not believe I have lived in my house for 11 Independence Days and I have never gone to the Holladay city fireworks. We watched them from afar last year, but it was so easy to get a good view. But I'm keeping this little secret to myself.



No comments: