Monday, January 13, 2020

LOVING THE LAKE

I have a long history of hating lakes, and then telling people how much I hate lakes until they are so sick of hearing me talk about it they vow to never make me go to a lake again. So no one was more surprised by me that we had the best time at a lake with The Gummows on July 27.

Heidi's brother-in-law Rob's family manages a church property up past Park City. They had a family trip together earlier in the summer, but Catcher couldn't be there that week so there was talk of them going up one day when they were in Utah again to see us. Thankfully the Sallay girls got an invite to join them and all of the Gummow cousins. It was all the fun of a lake without the work of a lake. It was small and quiet (we mostly had the lake to ourselves), and the wild flowers surrounding the lake were so insanely lovely. We weren't sure how long we were going to stay because they weather was looking scary, but it totally held out and we stayed all day. We had life jackets, canoes, and paddle boards just there and easily accessible to use so we did. The lake is so small that it has no real movement in the water and so it is a great lake to learn paddle boarding and how to feel comfortable in a canoe. Vivi was scared at first but she loved being in the canoe. It was adorable. The lake also had a zip line and I never tried it, but it was a big hit with everyone.


At one point we started playing a game where we were stealing each other's noodles. Me, Heidi and Vivi pretended to be allies with Cy Catcher and Stella's canoes. We went right up to them and then we snatched all of their noodles. I was thought I was going to pee my pants from laughing so hard. I could not breathe it was so funny how mad they got and how we snuck off with all of their noodles. Pretty soon an official game was organized where noodles and tubes were hidden and everyone would go off in teams to try and gather the most to earn points. It was all pretty fun.

The grounds were so so pretty and I enjoyed a few little walks around and could not get over how pretty it was. At the end of our day we even spotted a moose across the lake and then on our drive out we found a baby and mama moose. It was a real treat. Also I want to remember that as we were driving out and talking about our day Cy said: "Michelle is a real peacemaker." And I was really happy to here that someone finally noticed my amazing peacemaking talents. It was a great day. One of my favorites with the Gummows for sure.

















No comments: