Thursday, January 16, 2020

MAGICAL DISNEY DAY TWO

Our second Disney day, August 17th will go down in history as the bathroom trip. We were going to the bathroom all of the time. At one point it started to become funny. Our day was fun though dispite our bathroom visits.

We got some pictures when we first arrived and then after our pictures out came Mickey so we were in the front of the line to get a picture with him. Something that Christy really wanted to do was get a picture of the characters in their Marvel comic outfits that they were wearing for a limited time. No one wanted to give us a straight answer about how to see them, but I finally sweet talked this guy who gave us some info. Christy really wanted Mickey and Minnie, but she had to settle for Goofy and Pluto. I am so out of it with superhero stuff that I didn't even know who they were dressed like. When we got to them there were these two girls in front of us who were just taking pictures of just the characters alone and I couldn't figure out why. Turns out they were from a blog account I follow and they were making a video. You can see us in the video walking over to the characters, and it is hilarious to me because Christy was OFF running to them and in the video you can see her serious going for it face. It was a hilarious discover and I loved finding it.

After that we went and rode Monster's Inc. and I spent a good amount of time contemplating buying season passes. You can always use the money you have spent on passes for the day and put that money towards a season pass. I've always known I eventually want to be a season pass holder, but what usually held me back was not the cost of the passes but the cost of getting to Disneyland, food and hotels. The cost of the new Flex Passes were pretty reasonable considering how much they had raised the daily ticket cost. I knew I could easily make the passes pay for themselves with just one more trip...which of course I was likely to take. I called Brent to ask his opinion, to which he had none. Although I suspect he did and it was "stop spending money at Disney!" but he kept it to himself. By the time we got on the ride, I was pretty sure I was going to be a pass holder by the end of the day.

After the ride, everyone was already hungry to we headed off to Flo's for lunch because the kids like it.

















So Soarin' has a California version that is beloved by Californians and they were doing Soarin' Over California while we were there. I liked it fine. I prefer the world version, even though if I am honest I could skip this ride most of the time. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. We then made our way to the middle of the park and we took some pictures in front of the wheel.












Stella and I rode the Indredicoaster together and then we made our way to the new Inside Out ride which since it was new it was a bit of a priority. Of course we had just gone to the bathroom and then Stella had to go and then when I got back Vivi had to go. I wasn't that nice about it then because the bathrooms are not close in the spot. But in the end I realized I still loved my kids and I needed to start being nice about bodily functions. So after our bathroom jaunts we got in line for Inside Out. It is just a re-imagined version of an old ride. And it was short and made us all dizzy, but we rode it!

The bigger kids and Christy rode the Symphony Swings twice while Vivi and I hung out and then we had a few fast passes for Goofy's ride so me and the big girls rode it twice. They were so giggly in line and it was pretty fun to hang out with them.
























We had dinner over on that side of the park and then we headed over to Cars Land. We had fast passes, but both Vivi and Emmy did not want to ride it so I rode it twice with Stella and Cali. Then we were able to fit in one ride on Luigi's Rockin Roadsters before the park closed. When we headed up to find Christy it was no surprise to anyone that she was in the stores shopping.

At this point I had made up my mind to get the passes. I went up to a ticket window and I told the girl to make me a pass holder. I also told her that I wished I had decided to do this yesterday because then I would have saved the cost of entering the park that day. She asked me if I had my tickets from yesterday so she could apply both days to my new passes...which generally they would not do. Of course I didn't have them, I had left them at Christy's mom's house. But I tell her that I know that I entered the park after my friend and they were able to find when Christy entered the park the day before, and then processed the three tickets that came after her! Which to be honesty I don't know if I was impressed or a bit frightened that they could find out that information. It took a little longer to do that but it was worth the wait because it saved me lots of money. When she handed me my passes I was so excited I could hardly stand it. It was the first time that I was leaving Disneyland excited and not depressed because I knew for sure I was coming back!

Now that it has been months since I bought them and I have used them on two trips I have to say that it has truly been the best thing I have bought myself. It is the most luxurious treat in the world to be able to show up mid day or be able to pop in to Disneyland after a day at California Adventure to watch the fireworks and then just leave the park. I feel like a millionaire for reals. I'm not sure if or when the novelty will wear off, but right now I can't see myself going back to a regular pass holder.












No comments: