Monday, January 13, 2020

SUMMER MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE

We've been wanting to take the Gummows up to Snowbird to enjoy all of the summer activities for years and we finally made it up this year. We went up on July 29th. It was such a beautiful and fun day.

My favorite thing to do is ride the Mountain Coaster. I tell ya, I could ride that over and over all day long and be happy. I took Vivi for her first time and she was very nervous at first but then she decided she LOVED it. I mean LOVED. By the end of the day she would giggle and laugh the whole way down it was precious. One thing we tried, which I have never done because of my fear of chair lifts is take a lift up to the top of the mountain. It actually took quite a long time to go up and I did ok. There was actually still some snow up there and it got cold fast. Once we got up there we walked through a mountain tunnel and checked out the view from the other side and then we headed down.

The kids did the trampolines and the obstacle course. There was this little hidden spot where you could climb trees and Vivi was really wanting to try it. She BLEW MY MIND as she just started climbing up this tree like she had done it tons of times before, like she was born for it. It was nuts. Stella did good too, but seeing tiny Vivi climb was something else. The kids also did the bungee jump thing a few times too. I took Vivi over to the little kids obstacle course and she was awesome at it. She really loved climbing and has great balance. She is always impressing me, but I was REALLY impressed.

We went to ride the Mountain Coaster again and I rode with Stella again (she said: "like old times.") And one time Heidi and I rode together and oh man we laughed and laughed because Heidi got a bug in her mouth and I could not stop laughing and close my mouth to keep it from happening to me.

The last item on our agenda was taking the large iconic Snowbird tram up to the top of the mountain again. I could tell that we were all pretty worn out but we pushed a little longer. It had been an action packed Gummow visit this year and we were all pooped. It was such a fun day. I was sad that Snowbird had taken out the sky coaster, because that was another favorite thing to do, but no one else seemed to miss it. I definitely don't enjoy our mountains as much as I should especially in the summer. So I'm so glad we went up there and had fun and also appreciated, you know, like, nature.





































No comments: