Wednesday, May 13, 2020

BUSIEST DISNEY DAY OF ALL TIME



 In general, I think I do a pretty great job of avoiding crazy insane busy days at Disney. We've been to Florida plenty of times and avoided the parks because they were just too insane. But I made a huge misstep on this day October 23rd. The week was full of Halloween parties so Wednesday was the only day the park was open past 6 PM. Our special price tickets meant we could not get in until after 12 noon so of course we had to pick Wednesday. When Christy and I looked at the fast passes still available, we thought the day might not be too back because we were able to still get some heavy hitter fast passes. But we were so wrong, so so wrong. 

I didn't even bother to look that the line times in the  morning because it didn't matter, we were going and we just got ready and got excited as we headed over to the park on the boat. Once we got in we got some pictures at the front, and still the park looked kind of tame. So I wasn't worried in the least. We wandered up Main Street and we stopped at the hub to watch a show in front of the castle. While everyone was watching it, I finally got on my phone to check things out and WOAH, I could not believe the line wait times. Over and hour for Small World and The Teacups...those were the shorter wait times. Now that we are season pass holders, I just won't wait in lines that long for certain rides. So we had to kind of shake up our game plan and get in the crowd handling mood fast. We decided to check out some things we would normally just skip and see some new things. It was a good plan, but it was still a nightmare to get from one place to the next. 

===================

We hit the carousel first and then we had a fast pass for Winnie the Pooh. Then we headed over to our favorite restaurant for some food. We timed that during a parade, so it was pretty quiet in there. It was great. Mom and I regaled Christy with stories of us acting crazy while being provoked at Disney. It was such a fun and naive conversation, because mom was telling us stories followed by "That is the old me, I don't act like that anymore." Cue me chiming in with how I have also changed since I'm working on being less reactionary in my therapy. Little did we know that the hows of bumping into strangers and basically having to prove we are Disney masterminds to get anything done would finally push us both to the edge later that night and make this conversation even more ridiculous. At the end of the day, the Evans girls? Still as wild and crazy as ever.

Little Mermaid was down all morning and when we were done eating it was back up and the line was short, so we tried to head over there. By the time we finally made it the line was over an hour so I refused to get in it. So we took the opportunity for some pictures both by the ride and then over at the carousel, which is turning out to be a Magic Kingdom tradition. 

====================

So Mickey's Philhamagic is one place with a reasonable line that I haven't done in years so we headed to that. While watching it, I determined that although I never want to miss Disney fireworks that I didn't want to fight all of these people for a viewing spot. And that we could ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at that time. 

So The People Mover is my favorite ride at Magic Kingdom and the line is usually nothing, but we did have to wait like 20 minutes to get on it. It gave me enough time to get in a fight with my mom about how I shouldn't be telling the girls they can't ride the rides with the long lines and also enough time for these teenage boys to try to jump in front of us in the line not once but two times. It was very annoying! Thankfully our ride around tomorrow land calmed me again, and then we got to go sit and enjoy The Carousel of Progress.

After that Cali and Stella went and got in a long line to ride Space Mountain. Christy and I got some treats and then we got in line to ride Autopia. It was a little bit of a wait, but not too bad. Christy got a lame car that would not go fast, so we had to drive kind of slow, but it was still totally fun. I think it might have been Vivi's first time ever driving on Autopia. She loved it.  After our drive, we sat and waited for the girls to get off of Space Mountain, and they were so cute getting off of the ride and running to us. 

Our next adventure was to the Monster Inc. Laugh Floor show. Something else we had never done before because we didn't want to bother. It was totally adorable and Stella and Cali got picked out of the audience to play along with the characters. When the Monster asked the girls what they were going to be when they grew up, Stella said "adults." and then the monster said..."Stella is getting a little bit saaasssaay."  It was pretty fun. When we got out, I had to take Vivi to the bathroom and on my way I walked passed the "purple wall" and so I texted Christy to "Meet me at the Purple Wall." Which is you know...a saying for the in Disney types. So we met at the Purple Wall for some pictures. Because well, why not?

============

It was such a beautiful night. It was not nearly as hot as the day before thank goodness and we took a pretty walk past the castle on our way to the other side of the park. Thankfully we had a few fast passes and one was on Big Thunder. The girls got to ride twice because we had enough fast passes for them to go.We then wandered back to Fantasy Land. 

Our only real option at that point was to get in a pretty long line for Small World so we did. Then the plan was to ride Dumbo and then Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. So there was a little confusion as we passed the Mine Train entrance. Christy just got in the line because that was what her girls wanted to do. But I my mom had just wandered off to the bathrooms and was going to meet us. Vivi did not want to ride the Mine Train, so I got a little worked up over this. I don't know why, but at this point we were all pretty tired, and I think Christy was just trying to do something her kids wanted since I get kind of bossy when we are at the parks. Anyway, she got out of line and we all went to ride Dumbo, where we had no line at all. But I couldn't even enjoy it because RIGHT before we were getting on the ride Vivi announces: "I pooped my pants." When asked why she did that: "I just got distracted." So the whole time I'm on Dumbo I'm just picturing Vivi sitting on her pop, and I'm grossed out and frustrated because taking her to the bathroom to clean up this mess is just not ON THE SCHEDULE!  

So I'm calling my mom trying to find her and we get to the mine train, and she is no where to be found and suddenly the fireworks start after an announcement that the viewing area was at capacity. I have never heard that and it just further proved that this was the busiest Disney day of my life. The first firework boom coincides with me screaming for Teresa and wondering where the EFF she is. It was not my most likeable moment. We are watching people get in line for the ride and finally we just get in. I keep trying to call my mom and she won't answer. Vivi is standing in her messy pants and finally I realize I'm going to have to get her out of the line and take her to the bathroom and just not ride the ride. But who to I find once I get out? My mom. I start yelling at her like I'm insane and I take Vivi to the bathroom. After we were done she took Vivi and I got in the line and I immediately felt like the biggest jerk of all time. Here I was just talking about how I don't act crazy anymore at lunch and then I was just acting insane! As I made my way back to the crew in line and had to butt in front of people and apologize a hundred times I felt like the worst daughter and I texted her sorry as soon as I could. Meanwhile Vivi is telling her Grammie: "Mommy is mad cause you never do what her says." And then "Since mom isn't here can we get something to eat?"

=====================

Our next adventure was to make our way to ride Peter Pan for our last fast pass of the day. Then we had a few more minutes and we got to jump on the carousel one more time. It was such a beautiful night and we were trying to hang out a bit and let the park quiet down, but we were so tired. 

Christy wanted to run into the shops to let the girls pick out a gift so we go in line for a cute picture without her and then sat down on a bench to wait for her. Stella could barely keep her eyes open. I thought perhaps that this time sitting on a bench would make the line to get out of the park a bit easier. But again, the amount of people here that day with us was insane and I had no idea our biggest adventure was still to come. 

We walked out past the gates to a WALL of people. People everywhere clamoring in lines to get out of the park. It was like nothing I had ever seen at Disney before and it was ridiculous. I kept thinking that there has to be another wait out of there, but they make you take either the monorail or the boat and you have to wait in lines to get on either one, it is a mess on the best of days, this night it was insane. So we get in this line for the boat and we are all crowded together with people in the dark and we were in that line for a full hour. In that time mom managed to get into a legit physical altercation with another lady, proving again that the Evans girls have not changed our crazy ways. Mom yelled at these people because they rammed their stroller into her and then the mom got all mouthy and my mom got all mouthy and they caused quite a scene. I sat back and observed waiting to see if I would need to step in. The other girl (a bit younger than me) was crazy, but I don't think she anticipated the crazy of my mom. The fun part of this? We got to be in line with them for another half and hour! Good times. Anyway this line was awful and it really put a bad taste in all of our mouths for Disney. Emmy fell asleep on the boat so Christy had to carry her the whole way to the trams and it was just overall quite a nightmare. I'm not sure the next time I'm going to feel up to going to the Magic Kingdom and dealing with that. However, with Covid...who knows how long until anyone gets to go again...

So if I look at the day as a whole it was pretty great. But it was not my favorite at all. It was a ton of work and it lacked the magic moments I usually have on a Disney day. It will go down in history though as the day with the wildest of stories and the wildest of fights. Honestly, for how crazy the park was I'm surprised we didn't have more fights, because even though we say otherwise, obviously...that is how we roll.











dkjf













































So after taking our traditional































No comments: