Monday, May 11, 2020

THE HEAT IS ON AT EPCOT

Our visit to EPCOT on October 22nd was the hottest Disney day I've ever had. The fact that it was in October made it even more crazy. But we were in such high spirits the whole day, we were able to beat the heat and have a great time.

Mom got in first so you'll notice she posed for some pictures solo before we got there. You know how she is, never can stop herself from being the star! I was especially charmed with my overall look for the day. I was wearing my blue dot ears for the first time and I was adorable. We were so excited for a fun day!

The first thing we did was ride Spaceship Earth with a fast pass. Spaceship Earth was closing soon for a makeover so I was happy to get to ride it before it went down. When you exit the ride there is this pink wall that has been named the "bubblegum pink" wall. And it has become a very popular place to take a picture when at EPCOT. So obviously we had to take a moment and experience for ourselves.

We then headed over to ride Test Track. Vivi got in line with us, but then got too scared so she sat and had a frozen treat and a Mickey pretzel with Grammie. Then when we were almost to the front Emmy got freaked out and didn't want to go. This always drives me a bit nuts because she does this often and it means that Christy can't ride the ride. But after getting bribed with a treat she decided to go on it. Honestly, I'm not 100% convinced that isn't her plan from the get go...she is that smart.











We headed over to the finding Nemo ride next, and then we went and saw the Turtle Talk with Crush. It is always a cute show that I like even though every character from Finding Nemo is annoying including Crush. Kids get to ask him questions and Vivi asked him a question. She asked him if he liked Candy, and it was adorable. When we got back outside everyone wanted some ice cream treats. Usually when you get these they are so cold that they take time to even be edible. But these treats were so melted we could barely get any pictures of eating them...which is kind of the point of them if I'm honest. When you get off of the ride there are these annoying birds from the movie that say "Mine!" Over and over again, but I swear they were saying "Hot! Hot! Hot!"

We pretty much took a scenic walk at this point and I made everyone pose for more pictures than they might want, but no one complained. The heat at this point was BRUTAL, but we knew we wanted to make it to Italy to eat at our favorite Italian restaurant so we persevered.



















Our lunch was delicious. Seriously, if I could find a place that serves pasta like that in Utah, I may never eat anything else again in my life. I remember when we got in there it took our bodies so long to cool down to a normal temperature. I know I keep talking about the heat, but it really was a huge part of our day and none of us shut up about it all day.

After eating we had some time to kill before our Frozen fast passes so we hung out at the China pavilion for a bit to watch a show. I plan on getting a picture of Vivi at the same spot every time we got to EPCOT. She wasn't having it today, but she still posed, perhaps I can blame the heat. HA! HA! HA! I am hilarious.

So turns out I had left my phone at the restaurant. And I noticed when we tried to get in line at Frozen. So I had to run all the way back to Italy and retrieve my phone. I was pretty annoyed with myself, but I think everyone forgave me. When we got to the front of Frozen Emmy freaked out again and would not get on the ride. So we just left her at the dock. She then got bribed again and she got on the ride, but sadly we didn't get to all go together. Vivi's first Disney ride ever was the Frozen ride, but I know she didn't remember it. She LOVED it. I loved waving my hands in the air with my mom and singing Let It Go like we were famous actors on the stage.

The line to meet Anna and Elsa was quite short so we headed over there next. Vivi was SO EXCITED. I loved her face when she got to finally meet her favorite princesses. I was mortified when I called Anna by the wrong name when I called her Elsa, but she was very kind about it as princesses usually are. Vivi played it cool during pictures, but once we got outside she started squealing with delight. she could not believe her luck to be able to meet Elsa and her sister Anna.













I'm sad I don't have anymore pictures from the day. But we went over to ride Soarin' and after that it was almost time for the fireworks. It has been a long time (so long I can't remember actually) that I have watched the fireworks around the lagoon at EPCOT. They had a new show though and it was really great. I loved it. After that, the park was closed and it was time to head home. We were all sweaty messes, but we had enjoyed a really fun and magical day together.

No comments: