Thursday, July 2, 2009

SUMMER'S FIRST SWIM

Yesterday I called Ashley. "I'm in a slump," I told her. "Let's go up to the condo tomorrow and swim with the babies." She said she was thinking what I was thinking so we started to plan. It is a ton of work to take both babies somewhere. They are on different schedules and we had to think of everything from food to swim diapers.

We were both discouraged when the clouds became more ominous as we drove up the canyon, but we were hopeful the sun would break through as we slathered our daughters in SPF-40 (and me as well--I like to maintain my creamy white complexion the entire summer). When we got there, there was no sign of sun, but we had the pool to ourselves so that was a bonus. Stella was finally able to wear her swimsuit, and she looked pretty adorable in it of course. I was nervous for her to try out the pool since I have seen plenty of little ones find it cold and frightening. But I was pleased to see that she loved it! Then as soon as she realized she could make the water splash, she liked it more. And when she realized Cousin was there too, it was even more fun (if that was even possible). After maybe 15 minutes of total fun, it started to rain and we had to get out of there. Man, a lot of work for not a lot of time in the pool, but it was worth it.


Did you catch that? Yep, Stella likes to put her finger up her nose nowadays. Classy.

4 comments:

Christy said...

How fun! I love babies in pools... I think it's so cute!

Brandy said...

Cute, cute, cute. I love how Ashley looks like a celeb trying to be incognito.

Mistie said...

What fun pictures at the pool Stella is a babe! She is looking so big and ADORABLE!

angelicindy said...

lol! I had to laugh at the finger up the nose picture. I could just imagine you giggling as you posted it :)