Friday, July 27, 2018

A BOWTASTIC BIRTHDAY

As Vivien's third birthday celebration loomed in the future, it was no doubt in anyone's mind that Vivien would be having a Minnie Mouse themed birthday party. Because I am a hoarder, I did have a few decorations still in storage from Stella's Minnie birthday party. So it was an easy choice. We picked up a few more things here and there. My favorite being the Minnie Mouse headbands we made everyone wear. When we went to Zucher's to pick up the giant Minnie balloon that I just had to get for my birthday girl, Vivi picked up some 25 cent toys that she thought should would like. I told her to put them back and she told me: "No, I need it!" I just looked at her and wondered where in the heck had this sassy girl come from and where did she learn that she needed anything? I made her put it back, even though she did not want to and I still rewarded her with the giant balloon because I am a sucker. She was over the moon about it though. "Hi Minnie boon! Come in car with Vivi! Oh Minnie boon! So big!" It was adorable and worth every penny.

Stella and I rocked out the adorable Minnie cupcakes and we had pizza for dinner. So yes, over the years my interest in cooking a ton of food for birthday parties has all but disappeared. I can't think of anything I want to do less. And so pizza it was. I know everyone was probably a bit disappointed by it, especially my dad. But Vivi was thrilled. "So yummy!" She said over and over about her cheap pizza.

We did not have good weather that day, and I was prepared for that. But I wasn't prepared for the chaos of all the kids running around like maniacs. It was a crazy loud event.

Vivi was every so amazing at opening her gift. She had been excited about the prospect of presents for weeks before her birthday. She knew they were coming and she knew she wanted them. She got more than she could ever need and we got her the kid roller coaster that I have always wanted to have, but always thought it was just too big for us.

We all gathered around her to sing Happy Birthday and she loved it, and she did a pretty dang good job of blowing out her candles. I can't believe what a difference a year has made in the life of this girl. When we celebrated her second birthday she was still a baby and she had only known us for about a month. Now, she just feels like she has been with us forever. Man, I am so lucky to be her mom. We are so lucky to be her family.















































No comments: