Tuesday, July 10, 2018

WILSON ARCH

Our drive home was long, but I just put it in my head to take it one hour at a time and keep moving. Since we aren't generally a road trip family, we had been in the car more than we ever had. Everyone did great though and I even let Brent drive. We stopped at this small restaurant in a small Utah town and they were kind enough to fire up french toast for Stella even though it was lunch time, and after that Brent was in charge of the driving for a long spell. As we got closer to Moab the view was pretty amazing and I was feeling sad that we were going to be driving right past Arches National Park without going in. However, suddenly we passed this beautiful arch on the side of the road. Stella and I begged Brent to let us stop and hike up to it. He was reluctant, about turning the car around but he gave in and we cheered. We did NOT have the proper footwear for the adventure, but it wasn't too bad and it was BEAUTIFUL. I don't know what it is about an arch but I find it restores my soul. I think they are the most amazing natural creations and I never tire of them. This was Vivi's first official arch and first little mountain climb too. She did great.

We made it home after about 11 hours of travel and the inside of the car was a mess. We were all happy to be home and we had a great spring break together as a family.









No comments: