Thursday, October 21, 2010

VEGAS BABY

I love Las Vegas. I have only absolutely awesome memories from my many visits there, and I had a smile on my face the whole time we were there this week. Heidi and Craig were there for a conference and we decided to come down so we could hang out with Miss Heidi while Craig was in meetings during the day. Stella was super excited and talked about "Vegas Baby" for days before the trip. Especially after I packed her swimming suit and told her that she would be able to go swimming in a few days. She could hardly wait. To add to the already good time, my dad flew in from his trip to Africa and met us there as well.

Our first day, Stella couldn't wait a second longer to go to the pool. She was excited to find a baby pool just her size. She loved going up and down the stairs, and then bouncing on Grandma's legs. If she could talk about it to you, I am sure she would tell you it was an awesome time.

Then we headed to the super awesome outlet mall where we shopped almost 'til we dropped. Seriously. I was so proud of my Heidi who actually spent some money on clothes for herself. I also managed to find some awesome shoes at Dolce & Gabbana and a purse from Kate Spade for myself. Stella was a total trooper. She sat in her stroller and just enjoyed the thrill of shopping. She only caused a little bit of trouble when she lost her sunglasses (that I thankfully found), and it was also a struggle for her to go anywhere without getting a compliment on her adorableness.

That night we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Stella was really thrilled to see Craig, even though she totally played shy when she finally saw him. As we were leaving the awesome statue show at Caesar's (that draws in tourists from near and far) was going on and we thought Stella would like to watch it. It made her so scared and she kept her hands over her eyes the whole time. It was hilarious.

Here we are posing like the models in the wall poster for the new H&M store that is "coming soon."

Would you believe the next day was more of the same: pool, shopping, etc. And it was just as awesome? Yep. That is Vegas Baby for ya! (We got Stella to say "Vegas Baby" a lot.) She also was excited to point out all of the helicopters, which she called 'helipoppers.' So cute.

Right before we left, Stella started taking all of the empty shopping bags and, taking her cue from her mom and auntie, she started posing with the bags and asked me to take her picture. I was happy to do so.

When we were booking the trip, we decided that we would be more comfortable with a two bedroom condo than a room on the strip. When my mom found this place she told me, "I found a nice spot that isn't too much. It just has the worst name." "What is it?" I asked. "The Desert Rose." "Ewwwww!" I cringed, "That sounds like a feminine product."

We both hated the name and laughed every time we had to say it to someone. Like when I was checking out the car: "Where are you staying?" asked the courteous girl behind the counter. "Oh, just a little condo-ish place off the strip by the MGM Grand." Which was specific enough to me. "Ma'am, we need a name." PAUSE. "Well, um (in a whisper) The Desert Rose."

While talking with Brent on the phone: "We've made it to our room at (spoken seductively) The Desert Rose." (uproarious laughter by me) Brent: "I don't get it." And perhaps most of you won't either but my mom and I did, and that is what makes us hilarious.

6 comments:

Christy said...

Ok, I totally get the "Desert Rose" cracks. It made me laugh! I'm so sad that I wasn't there to see you (even though I just saw you!) but I'm glad you had so much fun. Loved Stella with the shopping bags!

Beth said...

Looks like you guys had fun.

Mistie said...

LOVE the name of the hotel...i would have been embarrassed saying it too. :) and how fun another H&M is coming to Vegas!! My favorite store of all time. Wahooo!
Vegas is a nice escape!
And Stella is so cute!!

Suzette Willmore said...

only you would think up something like that - you're such a sickie!!!

angelicindy said...

Who has more fun than people?!

Brandy said...

For goodness sake, I'm supposed to be sleeping at night! Instead, I'm up reading and loving all of your new posts. I'm so glad you and Heidi got to spend time together, in Vegas and ID. Great pics, great shopping!
I couldn't agree more about the Desert Rose sounding awful!