Thursday, November 2, 2017

EVERYBODY LOVES A PARADE

About a year ago I was informed that we as a stake were going to be responsible for a float in the children's Pioneer Day parade on July 22nd. I expected it to be this huge undertaking, but actually it ended up not being much work for me. When the dates of the family reunion were decided I went ahead and invited all of the Sallay cousins to participate. Most of them decided to join us and that was really fun.

It was a really early morning and I was absolutely exhausted from the sealing and then Lagoon the previous two days. My body and head were so done. But hey, we were going to be in a parade and be on TV so I kept it peppy.

Turned out we didn't end up on TV at all. We were the very last float and they cut off coverage way before we even got to the cameras. My mom was furious. I was pretty annoyed as well. We had gone to great efforts to get all of the TV release forms from everyone and then it was for no reason at all. Several months later now I really don't care but at the time I was pretty mad.

Still, it was a fun morning. Stella had a great time with her ward friends, and I think the cousins had a good time too. There was a lot of complaining because we had to wait so long, but for the most part, I just ignored it.

After the parade there was a carnival that had a ton of fun things for kids to do. It was crazy busy though. We hung out for a while though and it cleared out fast, so Stella was able to do most of the things she wanted to with her friends.
























No comments: