Tuesday, November 14, 2017

IDAHO FALL MAGIC

We look forward to our Idaho Falls visit in the fall every year. This year did not disappoint. We arrived on Thursday night, September 28th. Wyn had football so we headed over to the park and hung out while he practiced. I put Vivi in the swings and she HATED them. Like crazy scared screaming. In my infinite wisdom I thought if I left her in the swing she would eventually come around. She did not. What we did get is a good laugh at Cy's video of me pointing a camera at Vivien while she cried. I look like mother of the year in that one. It was a really pretty fall night followed by dinner at Mongolian BBQ that was the best one we had ever had.




On Friday Heidi let Catcher and Wyn stay home so they could hang out with Stella. I thought it was pretty funny when they decided to play school. That night we went to a carnival at the elementary school. Heidi had volunteered and as we went around to the different events we kept laughing at the fact that she was over the three-legged race and her station was the opposite of popular. After walking around to the different events and having Vivi charm us with her athletic abilities (or rather, her ability to drop ping pong balls into cans) we headed over to cheer up Heidi.

By then she had lowered the ticket price and was having a few takers. We started competing in some three-legged competitions as well and it was hilarious. We had an amazing time every race, and I really believe that three-legged races have been underappreciated by myself in my life. I had no idea how fun they could be. Stella and I did awesome until we fell down and she tried to pull away from me. We were laughing so hard we couldn't break apart. Of course, when you put Heidi and I together we were a power couple as usual. We smoked those little kids in every race and it felt great.

We also had dinner there, where I personally had one of the best hamburgers of my life. The sun went down and it got cold fast. We used the last of our tickets to buy way too much cotton candy. Vivi had never had it before, and she was into it.

























I could tell at the carnival that poor Vivien was starting to feel sick. She woke up Saturday morning with one of her signature crazy coughs and she let it out all over the place. I was feeling terrible, sure that we were infecting the whole house. Everyone else went to Catcher's football game while I stayed home with the sick girl. She pepped up a little during the day so I decided not to sneak back to Utah just yet. That night though after going to bed kind of late, she was keeping me up with her crazy breathing. I was worried because Stella had never done anything like that. I woke up Heidi who helped me determine that it was from a fever, not congestion. So I went to the store at 2AM for more medicine and it helped. I was then awake to see Stella scratch her head like crazy and make me think that she might have lice again. When I checked her in the morning I realized she did, and I did, and Vivi did. So we packed up and headed home early. Stella was devastated. Lice cleanup is a pain and I knew we needed to get home and get going with getting rid of those stupid bugs. I felt like we were a plague. I'm lucky we are loved and adored enough that no one was mad at us.

So there you go. Another fall visit on the books. We definitely had a great time. Especially making fun of Stella for loving Arby's and wanting to eat at Arby's all the time. Catcher would tease her and I would tease her and she got so mad and we would just laugh and laugh. Good times.

No comments: