Sunday, November 12, 2017

LAGOON 2017

The summer at Lagoon this year did not disappoint. I was worried that we might get sick of it, but we didn't. I was worried that Vivi wouldn't like it, but she did. Stella started the summer still scared of so many of the rides and she finished the summer not scared of any of them. So many fun memories...

I took Ava and Stella on May 13th. We had been home from China four weeks and it was really fun to get out and have a day "like old times" according to Stella. It was so cold to us because we had been having such good weather the week before. I didn't know how long we would be able to hold out, but we got used to it and had a great time. Highlights:
  • Riding the two brand new baby rides and embarrassing my girls completely on both.
  • Watching the girls walk around together in their jean jackets, feeling so happy.
  • Riding the Space Scrambler and videoing it at the same time, getting pretty dizzy as a result.
  • Stopping at Iggy's on the way home, where the girls were delirious with laughter. Thankfully, the restaurant was basically empty. I loved it.















On Memorial Day, May 29th, we were able to go with Asher and Lindsey. Lindsey was so busy with work this year and this was the only time we would get to go with them all summer until Labor Day. It felt like the official start to Lagoon summer fun.
  • After riding the Spider, I got the idea to go in the "short" single-rider line for Wicked for the adults. We ended up waiting FOREVER. But it was fun.
  • We took those two on the new jeep ride. Stella and I still agree that it is a favorite. 
  • Stella and I went on the plane ride because she is too short for Jet Star II. We had an absolute blast on that ride, but were so sick after. I officially cannot stomach that ride.
















June 6th was a Douglas girls trip AND more importantly VIVI'S FIRST LAGOON! I decided that buying Vivi individual ride tickets would be cheaper than buying her a season pass. I definitely made the right call on that one. She was always happy to just hang out and watch others ride on rides, but also loved going on a few rides herself each visit.
  • Vivi's first ride was the car that you drive on a track and SHE LOVED IT! But watching her ride it? I think I loved that more.
  • She also gave the baby helicopters and baby boats a try. Watching her ride both of them was so cute.
  • Cali and Stella had such a fun day together. They loved riding the Music Express.
  • Cali is a little scared of rides, but Stella got her to go on the Bat and they were on the front row. 
  • The girls left with BFF necklaces.


















I asked Stella what she wanted to do on her birthday and she said go to Lagoon with Ava and me. Ashley was kind enough to stay home and watch Finn and Vivi so Stella could have a big girl visit.
  • The Terror Ride was finally open after being redesigned and we waited in a pretty long line to ride it. We LOVED it. It was so fun and scary. 
  • It wasn't that busy, but we didn't have a ton of time. We got in a few good rides though. 
  • We had the best time riding Rattle Snake Rapids together. The line wasn't too long so we got the whole boat to ourselves. 
  • The girls picked out Terror Ride pins to commemorate our screaming adventures on the ride.






Along with my and Stella's Independence Day jaunt, we had one more visit with the Gummows and then another with the Sallay family that I chose to put in separate posts before we made a visit with Ashley on July 28th. It was our first visit where we finally got Vivi and Finn both together in the park. It was a last minute decision to go this day, which to me made it even more fun.
  • Thanks to Christy Sallay I now knew that Vivi could ride the Train and Carousel for free. I finally got Vivi on a carousel horse and she...hated it!
  • It was definitely a baby ride day.
  • Ashley and I loved watching all of our babies ride Bulgy the Whale. I don't think the big girls will be able to ride it next summer.
  • Finn and Vivi driving the cars together? Cutest thing ever!
  • Ava and Stella driving the cars together? Cutest thing ever!
  • We all rode the train together, and it was so cute to watch Vivi and Finn wait in the train line together.
  • Stella took Ava on Colossus for the first time and Ava loved it! 


















Suzy was here for three weeks. Her time always goes by so fast. Since last year's Lagoon visit was so fun, her kids really wanted to go again this year and so we did. We had an amazing full and long day together on August 2nd. We had such a fun day together bopping around to all of the rides and visiting with each other. Everyone was much more adventurous than last year so we had some good times.
  • This was Stella's first time trying Wicked and she loved it. I loved watching the tears she was shedding before it took off fly across her face once it got going.
  • Suzy wore a money belt that she kept referring to as a fanny pack all day and I loved it.
  • We were there until the very end and had a sad little mix up on Colossus with the kids. Noah and Emily accidentally rode the ride without Stella and she came running back in tears. 
  • We tried to have the kids ride the Music Express one more time, but it broke down while they were riding it.























When we went on Saturday, August 5th, it was kind of a last minute thing following some family drama. It was incredibly busy since it was a Saturday, but we still had a fun time. Vivi and Finn were especially cute and held hands for a picture. Then they just started walking together and holding hands the whole time. It was adorable and I got some great video footage. Because it was so busy we let the girls go on Wild Mouse and the Spider together without us while we took the babies on baby rides. Stella was very nervous about being left on her own, but I know Ava loved it. We then went on the carousel together and Vivi didn't hate it this time. Then we ended the day by letting the girls wait in a very long Rocket line so that Ava could try it. She loved it.












So by mid-August it was already almost time for dumb school to start. Ugh. We made a big effort to get to Lagoon one more time with the Douglases before school started. We went on August 14th.
  • We rode the carousel a few times while Stella and Aedan rode the Roller Coaster. 
  • We loved all riding the train together too.
  • We forgot Vivi's stroller. I was so bummed, but Vivi loved the freedom of not being confined.
  • Vivi found a map while the kiddos were on some rides and she loved playing with it.










On Saturday August 19th, Stella and I just popped down for a few hours so we could have some fun before school started on Monday. I didn't take many pictures and it was pretty busy as well. We had to park out in the field so the park was definitely full. We really had fun though. I always love to go to Lagoon with just me and Stella.






Not only was August 21st the first day of school AND the eclipse, Lagoon was also open for all of those lucky kids that didn't have the first day of school to deal with. I was pretty worn out, and so was Stella. However, I had this very defiant, anti-school starting feeling that I wanted to go to Lagoon. It helps calm the burn of the feeling of saying goodbye to summer. I am so glad we went. I think it was one of my favorite times. The park was empty. The day was gorgeous. It was just fun.
  • Stella got Ava to ride the Screamer. She loved it. (Sad to note that 2017 was the Screamer's last year at Lagoon.)
  • We rode all big kid rides and enjoyed a fun time on the SkyRide together.
  • While riding the SkyRide I talked the girls into riding Cannibal. I told them the line would never be shorter all year and I knew they would love it.
  • They were so nervous. So much so that Stella had to pee in the new bathrooms like three times. We got a good picture at the new hilarious signs.
  • Not only did the girls survive Cannibal, they loved it. As I knew they would. I had them both in tears to start, but by the end it was all cheers!
















Our last summer visit was on Labor Day with Lindsey and Asher. I didn't even take one picture, and only have just one from Lindsey. We didn't stay long. We only had two hours before the park was going to close before we got there. And then we went on the Roller Coaster and headed over to Cannibal. Asher had already been on it, but as we went to get on the ride he suddenly felt terrible and looked like he was about to pass out. Thankfully we got him off in time and once we did I was able to spot the signs and have him put his head down so he could feel better soon. I wasn't worried because I knew he would be fine. But his poor momma was so scared. Plus you just never know if it is going to be something worse. I'm just glad he didn't get on the ride. So that was our shortest visit to date.




So there it is, our 2017 Lagoon adventures and memories. Along with the few extra times that are in other posts we went 14 times from when we brought Vivi home until Labor Day. It was awesome every single time. I didn't imagine it was possible, but I grew to love the park even more than I did last year. Sometimes when the light was just right I would just sit there and soak it all in. There is just something about the colors and the people and the age of that place that always gets me.




No comments: