Thursday, October 11, 2018

FRUIT STAND HOP

So after seeing my peach posts Stacey felt inspired to make a trip to Brigham City for some peaches and Maddox. I was shocked and saddened to hear that she had never eaten at Maddox before! How could that be?! We had to right that wrong immediately. It was Stella's short day on Friday August 31st, so we picked up Stella and made our way north.  After our late lunch we had a really good time stopping off at many of the fruit stands and checking them all out. They all had a special little flair and I was into the adventure for sure.

The light was so pretty so of course I wanted to get a picture of all of us in one of the peach orchards. What I did not account for was that there were giant prickly things all over the ground that went right into our shoes and attacked our feet. I had the worst shoes for it, thankfully the girls were kind of ok in their jelly shoes. While we were there we ran into this peach picker fellow that didn't speak any English. I think he was trying to tell us we couldn't be in the trees, but then he was showing us the peaches. So I wasn't sure. Of course I asked him to take a picture of us, and he kind of refused, but then I thrust my phone in his hands and basically made him. The pictures he took are hilariously bad. So it was basically worth harassing him.

I can't say the peaches were as good as last time. I wish I could. But the day was an unexpected fun adventure. It is always great to hang out with Stacey.


















No comments: