Monday, October 15, 2018

THE JOY OF DANCE CLASS

I was thrilled and surprised when I found out that Miss Julie, who was Stella's first dance teacher was still teaching dance lessons in her little backyard room. The woman has a real gift with little ones and Vivi LOVES going to dance class.

Her first day was September 5th, and it was so different from Stella's. Vivi doesn't seem to get nervous about new adventures like Stella does and did. She walked right in ready to dance. There was a classmate that would NOT stop crying the entire class, and at first Vivi was so sweet to her and would tell her that she was her friend, but then she had had enough and she would look at her and say "SHHHHH STOP CRYING!". She didn't.

I had to get a picture of Vivien getting up to get a closer look to the book Miss Julie was reading to them. So different from her big sister. She is one of those kids that isn't timid enough to stay put and listen. She has to get in Miss Julie's face.

I have a feeling, although I could be wrong, that Vivien might end up getting into dance in a much more intense way than Stella. She seems to have an early love for it that Stella did not have, she is extremely flexible (just ask her, she will tell you), and she already tries to get on her toes any chance she can. She wants to go to Miss Julie's every single day. She love, love, love, loves dance class.

How do I feel about it? It brings me so much joy you don't even know. Vivi is not going to remember these early days of class, but I will and they are the best for a mom. For so long I had resigned myself to the fact that I was never going to get to do all these three year old things again, but here I am getting to enjoy them. And I DO NOT take for granted one second of excitement. First, as we arrive, then grabbing her hand and walking her into class. She always says: "Miss Julie's house! I so excited!" Nothing tops the joy of picking her up from class and seeing her face when she spots me. It is the best. I love being Vivi's mom.























No comments: