Monday, August 4, 2008

AVA'S BLESSING


Yesterday was my niece Ava's blessing. Her dad Riley did a really beautiful job. The blessing was full of love for his little baby. My favorite thing that he said was that he blessed her that she would always remember her self worth. Ashley and I both think that is such an important thing that is lacking for girls growing up. We both never had problems thinking we weren't good enough and I credit my parents for instilling that in the both of us. So we both want to be sure that Stella and Ava think they are wonderful no matter what.

Ava's blessing dress was a little on the extravagant side and has been the subject of much controversy in the family. However, it has never once phased Ashley. It didn't matter the cost of the dress, because it was THE dress of her dreams (Ashley's not Ava's). This picture shows how big and beautiful the dress was. She looked like a pioneer's daughter.... a rich pioneer. Ashley insisted that Ava wear the bonnet even though Ava was not fond of it. Worth it I think for these adorable pictures. Mom always knows best.

Here is a four generation picture with my Grandma Mabe. We are fortunate enough to have all our grandparents still with us, and they were all there at the blessing.

My mom is over the moon about her granddaughters. I could take a million pictures of her holding and adoring Stella.

Another try at a family shot. This one is not too bad. Stella looks like she has red hair these days because the dark brown is starting to lighten to blond. She is wearing a very puffy flower dress from the Gap that I bought on sale, of course.

Next week we are blessing Stella, I am a little sad because I think she is still too young and I don't want her to grow up. Brent tried to put her in her crib Friday night and I started to cry real tears. "She is still too little!" I protested...even though she is not and would have been fine. I NEVER thought I was going to be THAT mom, oh well I am.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Ava looks so beautiful in her dress! It is extravagant but gorgeous. :) You two make some beautiful little babies!!!