Wednesday, August 13, 2008

MOM ATTACKS!

"Stay away from my fingers Mom!"

It is common knowledge that cutting infant finger nails is a tricky skill to master. I've gotten pretty good at it, and try to take a "no fear" approach so I can get the job done ASAP. I also avoid the task until little cuts begin to show up on my baby's face. When they do appear I grab the clippers and go to work, not wanting her to be scarred for life. Unfortunately, last night I was too confident, and I cut Stella's thumb. The bleeding was tremendous, and band aids served no comfort. We finally had to attach a cotton ball like they do at the doctor's office. Since Stella is really into putting her hand in her mouth I covered her hand up with a newborn mitten, and it just happened to go with her outfit. I decided to take some pictures, and she was so agreeable that it turned into a real photo shoot. I thought I would post "The many faces of Stella" here for you to enjoy.



Note: Since I am a Silver Card Gap member I get free shipping, which has only fed my shopping addiction more. I got this whole outfit (top and shorts) for only 7 dollars. Can't beat that!

1 comment:

Mistie said...

she is adorable!! and she looks awesome in blue! I hate those silly fingernail clippers. I always try to bite and tear them off...but as of late it hasnt been working as well!! So, i think i am going to have to succomb to the clippers.