Friday, August 22, 2008

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART

I suppose I assumed that I would be the kind of mom who could handle "tough love". However I am finding quite the opposite. Stella has made me such a softy. Yesterday I had to take her to the doctor to get her dreaded first shots. I was very concerned about it, but I tried to look calm as I placed my first born on the table to get three very painful pricks. I was impressed with the speed in which the nurse injected them, and I was thankful for that. I was equally impressed with the volume of my daughter's screams from them. I almost started to cry, and then I reminded myself: "You are the Mom, no crying for you."

Thankfully she calmed down and we were on our way, but she was visibly shaken by the doses. That evening, after sleeping the whole day away she sat mildly awake, glaring at me.

It just about broke my heart. I hate shots too Stella!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think I EVER would put you in the "Tough Mom" category. You've always been a softy. :)