Tuesday, February 3, 2009

VEGAS BABY VEGAS

Before the arrival of my little dumpling, I traveled a lot. I would say that I went on a trip at least once a month. I almost can't believe that I haven't been on a plane since April when Brent and I went to Niagara Falls before Stella was born. So I thought it was about time that I had a little jaunt.

My friend Christy had a baby named Cali this fall so we wanted to go and meet her. It doesn't hurt that Christy and the new arrival live in a state warmer than home. So it was a big event for little Stella. It was her first flight, first time staying in a hotel room, and the first time she had to resist the urge to gamble.
We had a great time, and we were super happy to meet little Cali. However, I have a love/hate relationship with seeing Christy. I love to see her, but then I hate to realize how much I miss her. I also had the pleasure of having her family pose for some pictures for me, so keep your eyes out for those coming out soon on my photography blog.

Stella at the airport, totally excited for her first trip on a plane!

Stella seems to take after her mom and loves fancy hotel rooms. The rooms at the Mandalay Bay were perfect for a tiny baby ready to take on the lights of Las Vegas.

Sleeping in is always the best part of a vay-cay.

When we went out to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, Aedan gave Stella her first kiss! What an eventful trip!

Celebrating our pretend winnings at the slots!

2 comments:

angelicindy said...

You really do have one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen and so photogenic! I love the ones of her laying down. Umm. The one in the hotel room and the one with the white sheets. Both very sweet.

Christy said...

So cute! I especially love the one of Aedan kissing Stella and plan to use it in my post of you guys coming. :) Hopefully that will get done today. It was so fun to see you! I also feel the same about seeing you. Sigh.