Friday, January 9, 2009

PROJECT ATTIC

About a week ago, two guys came in and asked my dad if they could do a fashion photo shoot in our store. Young kids come in and ask us stuff like this ALL the time. My dad is always a sucker and says yes, then I have to be the one to take care of all of it since they aren't buying antiques. I didn't think much of the two guys except that one of them looked familiar. That happens a lot at the shop since I work with so many people helping them buy stuff, and then I generally forget about them.

Wednesday my dad called me and said that the two fellows wanted to do the shoot on Thursday, and that I had to set it up. I was totally annoyed, but I had to follow through when the designer called me to set up a time.

When I got to the shop Thursday morning I went over to introduce myself, and was again struck by this familiar face. Did I go to HS with this kid? College maybe? Had I seen him at concerts? I couldn't place him. As he starts telling me about his extensive entourage I realize that he is obviously not just some random kid wanting to do a shoot. I walked over to my dad and whispered: "Is his name Keith?" And Dad said it was. Then I tried not to shout: "Dad, he was on Project Runway!" Which as you can imagine with my love of fashion is my favorite reality competition show of them all! I love everything about that show. I can rewatch them over and over again. Plus, I love Heidi Klum, and just recently discovered that I have a crush on her.

If you don't watch the show, Keith was from Utah, which is how I finally figured out who he was. I went over and had a little starstruck moment with him, and then it was back to business. (Except for the time I snuck into the back warehouse to tell Heidi and freak out with her on the phone.) Keith is doing a show during Sundance and these pictures were for that event. The outfits were of course NOT anything you would ever actually wear, but the models looked amazing. Completely out of the pages of a magazine. Their hair was all up Marie Antoinette-like with deer antlers...yes, deer antlers.

They shot in the attic of the shop, and it looked really great. Here are some pictures that I took. I only took a couple because I didn't want to be too annoying. And being around people that know so much about photography can be a tiny bit intimidating.

6 comments:

angelicindy said...

i love PR too! Although, I don't recognize Keith :(. I know the name but I can't remember any of his clothes. Which season was he in?

Brandy said...

Oh, Michelle, you TOTALLY crack me up. Good work 'workin' it'. I can just imagine the behind the scenes conversation with you and Heidi. Great photos, girl. You belong with celebrities!
I sure wish Stella had antlers to go with that pea coat...

Anonymous said...

Hey VIP. I am giddy just looking at the photos. I may have even squealed just a little bit. Meet you at the fashion show.

About Us said...

That sounds like so much fun for you! Did he need an apprentice? (you, I mean)

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Awesome, Michelle! Let that be a lesson to you to always be nice to those "kids" who come in asking for crazy favors. Aren't you glad your dad didn't send Keith away?

And your pictures turned out great. I'm not kidding, I need to hire you to teach me how to use my camera like that.

Anna said...

So I don't watch Project Runway (but only because I don't have that channel) but I totally relate to your excitement. I think that is so great that you got to have such exposure to your favorite show!