Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE ZOOEY ENCOUNTER

While up at Sundance, we girls had the celebrity sighting of a lifetime! If you don't know, there is one special actress that is sort of responsible for my marriage...Zooey Deschanel. Before I came along to steal away Brent's heart, he had his heart set on one girl and that was Zooey. When she was in a movie called All The Real Girls, Brent saw it because of her lovely face, and I saw it because my friend Suzy said I would like it. Well I loved it, and the people I went with did not. So the very next day, I went on imdb.com to see what other people thought about it. I found a delightful review, saw that the fellow was a Salt Lake local, and then emailed him. He was my husband, and that is how we met. Brent and I both have top celebrity crush lists, and Zooey is Brent's number one.

So I'll try not to embarrass myself too much as I retell my actions when we saw this important actress up at Sundance this afternoon. So Ashley spots her first. I freak out, push out the paparazzi, and chase her down the stairs talking really fast, and I say: "Zooey, my husband loves you, and it is because of you that we met, we both saw All The Real Girls and loved it, and..." Then she said: "Oh, that is so nice." She was being whisked away to another event so she was walking fast. But then I realized I could run and get in front of her to get a decent picture...for Brent of course. So I booked it and I got my shot. I WAS SO EXCITED! I am shocked that I didn't trip over a rock or fall down the stairs in my heels, because I was completely obsessed with seeing as much of her as possible.

So what did Brent think? He was a little sad that it wasn't him, as you can imagine. And even though I am sure he is glad I was able to see her and that I risked my life for a picture for him, he is still a little bit jealous when he sees said picture. So here she is, cute and adorable, and wearing a Marc Jacobs coat.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love her! I actually didn't care for the movie Elf all that much (not because of her...she was great), but I sure wish I could sing like her! Oh my! How cool.