Saturday, October 11, 2008

CRAIG, HEIDI, CY, & CATCHER

Yesterday we took the highly anticipated Gummow family pictures. I had scouted out the location at Fort Douglas last weekend when I was helping Whimsy Floral with a wedding. I swore I had been up there before, but I was surprised how lovely the area is. It reminds me of some of my favorite spots in Virginia.

Unfortunately it was unseasonably super cold! I was surprised by how difficult it is to take family shots when you have a child who is annoyed that he has to be outside in freezing temperatures. We managed to get a few treasures where someone is not making a face, and I thought the colors were quite lovely. Here are some of my favorites:



4 comments:

valerie said...

so i have decided that you are so amazing at photography.. and that you will need to take pictures of john and i when we go down to SLC for thanksgiving... what do you think??

Anonymous said...

The rest of the Gummow Clan think the pictures are amazing. You are a natural.

angelicindy said...

In high school, we used to say that if you take enough pictures that eventually you'll get some good ones. I don't know how you manage to consistently take so many good pictures! I especially like the one with Cy standing in the foreground and the rest chatting beside some poles. So cool!

Brandy said...

You really do take wonderful pictures. Of course, it helps that you had beautiful models! I think they turned out great, even if Catchy was trouble. I just may pay you for a Mason shoot...if you are up to it.