Wednesday, October 29, 2008

ROCKIN' THE VOTE


I have sincerely little interest in politics. However I seem to surround myself with people who get really into that world. One college roomy was the president of the very small Democrat club at Ricks College (Melissa), while another roommate faithfully filled out her absentee ballot while telling me I should be doing the same (Cindy). My best friend was a political science major and worked for the mayor in Boise, the House of Representatives for the state of Idaho, and on top of that, ran an extremely successful campaign for the current mayor of Idaho Falls (Heidi). Oh, and I can't forget that charismatic rap and clothing mogul telling me to ROCK THE VOTE in this year's election (Diddy). If that is not enough my husband (Brent ;) ) is ever so enthusiastic about his right to vote, and gives me a hard time about it EVERY November.

The thing is, I usually never like the candidates that are running for president, and I feel that if I am voting for them I am supporting them....and I just can't do it.

This year Brent took it to an extreme and dragged Stella and me to vote early. We got there and the line was long, the room was stifling, and I gave Brent a look that made him wish he had left me at home. But I did it, I voted for the first time ever. I won't go and tell you who I voted for, but I can give you a hint: since I live in Utah my vote for president is not going to matter. Still, I did it anyway, and you should have seen how happy it made my husband...so I guess it was worth it.

Of course Stella went with us. So I took some pictures of her with her voting sticker. Looks like I might raise another person in my life who is politically aware and loving it!



7 comments:

Christy said...

Her little jacket is so adorable! I love it! She's getting so big. I wish we lived closer so our little girls could play together! Well, Cali doesn't do much playing yet but you know what I mean. :)

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Stella is too darn cute! Take her and your voting sticker to Ben and Jerry's on the 4th and they'll give you a free ice-cream. Now that's reason enough to vote, in my opinion.

About Us said...

Good girl/s and Brent! I, too, will be voting!

Sara said...

I am cracking up that this was your first time voting! I used to live in PA where my vote did matter and it was kind of cool. Now I live in Kansas where, like you, my vote means diddly-squat. :)

Anna said...

I'm very proud of you...and Stella.

angelicindy said...

really? I don't remember voting absentee. Although, it sounds like something I would do :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Bella!!! You truly are the First Lady of my life. You are the picture of poise and class in your navy pea coat. And while I am still somewhat unsure where you stand politically (what with your inability to talk and all), you have procured my vote for most adorable baby of all time. Congratulations to you and your mommy. I guess all the patriotic photos finally went to her heart :).